- 'No jobs for medical grads next year'
- Housemaid dies of shock during house break-in
- Blame me, says coach Kim Swee
- 'Mat Zain's SD inadmissible'
- London theatre ceiling collapse injures 76
- End to maid impasse?
- Fatal accident: British victim's family to reclaim body
- Rosmah receives 'Global Inspirational Leadership' award
- ASB unitholders to get 7.70 sen for a unit, also one sen bonus for a unit
- Gang-rape charge for those abetting in one
- Six people killed in an accident at Kampung Pandan
- PMR: Girl defies sleeping disorder to score 8A's
- Malaysian boy on holiday killed in front of mother
- Kidnapped Taiwanese tourist rescued by Philippines security forces
- 6 foreigners die in car crash More
PUTRAJAYA -- Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak today launched the 1Malaysia Mobile Market (PB1M), a federal government initiative to bring essential goods direct to the middle- and low-income consumer in a move to stave off price increases.
The mobile market is a 16-tonne bus modified for the purpose. It will be accompanied by several small lorries, also modified, and will operate particularly in low-cost housing areas and selected community centres.
Agriculture and Agro-based Industry Minister Datuk Seri Noh Omar said in astatement that the prime minister had proposed an allocation of RM3 million to launch the PB1M.
He said that for a start, the Federal Agriculture Marketing Authority (Fama)planned to introduce the mobile market in the northern, central and southernzones.
The flag-off of the mobile market today by Najib was witnessed by Deputy PrimeMinister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and other Cabinet ministers at DataranPerdana. - Bernama