- MISSING MH370: Pilot's niece concerned over his safety
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot family awaits for latest updates
- MISSING MH370: PM says still no sign of missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Father of MAS engineer shocked over news of son missing
- MISSING MH370: Gong Kedak base abuzz with activities
- MISSING MH370: Families in shock
- MISSING MH370 : Massive search off south Vietnam coast
- MISSING MH370 : MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people
- MH370: Search and rescue efforts continue off Kelantan coast
- MH370: 24 hours later, still categorised as missing
- MISSING MH370: Malaysia Airlines has one of Asia's best safety records
- MISSING MH370 : List of missing passengers
- MISSING MH370: 3 Americans on missing MAS airliner
- MISSING MH370 : Pilot is Capt Zaharie Ahmad Shah
- MISSING MH370 : Public urged not to speculate news More
PUTRAJAYA -- Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak today launched the 1Malaysia Mobile Market (PB1M), a federal government initiative to bring essential goods direct to the middle- and low-income consumer in a move to stave off price increases.
The mobile market is a 16-tonne bus modified for the purpose. It will be accompanied by several small lorries, also modified, and will operate particularly in low-cost housing areas and selected community centres.
Agriculture and Agro-based Industry Minister Datuk Seri Noh Omar said in astatement that the prime minister had proposed an allocation of RM3 million to launch the PB1M.
He said that for a start, the Federal Agriculture Marketing Authority (Fama)planned to introduce the mobile market in the northern, central and southernzones.
The flag-off of the mobile market today by Najib was witnessed by Deputy PrimeMinister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and other Cabinet ministers at DataranPerdana. - Bernama