- Karpal Singh's Death: Grandson dreamt about playing football with him
- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities roping in private companies assets to assist SAR
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain says evacuation delayed for safety
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: 'We are forever indebted to him', says Dr Wan Azizah
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain, crew members arrested
- MH370 Tragedy: Drone diving to record level in plane search
- Authorities searching for missing Singaporean ferry passenger
- Karpal Singh's Death: Pix gallery
- Everest Avalanche updates: Death toll reaches 13
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll rose to 32, Captain in custody More
PUTRAJAYA -- Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak today launched the 1Malaysia Mobile Market (PB1M), a federal government initiative to bring essential goods direct to the middle- and low-income consumer in a move to stave off price increases.
The mobile market is a 16-tonne bus modified for the purpose. It will be accompanied by several small lorries, also modified, and will operate particularly in low-cost housing areas and selected community centres.
Agriculture and Agro-based Industry Minister Datuk Seri Noh Omar said in astatement that the prime minister had proposed an allocation of RM3 million to launch the PB1M.
He said that for a start, the Federal Agriculture Marketing Authority (Fama)planned to introduce the mobile market in the northern, central and southernzones.
The flag-off of the mobile market today by Najib was witnessed by Deputy PrimeMinister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and other Cabinet ministers at DataranPerdana. - Bernama