- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Trio gets death for trafficking cannabis
- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- Esplanade gathering organiser hauled up
- Malaysians easy target for London tricksters
- Four die in 4-vehicle crash
- Retired Anglican priest convicted of sex abuse
- Taiwan, Japan, Denmark in Sudirman Cup quarterfinals
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Husband's friend held over housewife's death
- Water supply in KL restored: Syabas
- Taiwan fighter jet crashes, 2nd in a week
- Pepsi to march in, as foreign troops leave Afghanistan
- Philippines approves three new wind farms More
Najib meets Sabah BN leaders in closed door meeting
KOTA KINABALU: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak this morning met Sabah BN leaders in a closed meeting at the Magelan Sutera Resort, here. He also had breakfast with them.
The Prime Minister, upon his arrival, was greeted by Sabah Chief Minister and Sabah Umno chief Datuk Seri Musa Aman and state BN leaders.
During the breakfast, Musa updated the prime minister on the latest development on the intrusion of a group of armed men suspected to be militant fighters from southern Philippines in Lahad Datu on Tuesday, said Sabah BN secretary Datuk Abdul Rahman Dahlan.
Also present at the breakfast were Sabah BN deputy chairman Datuk Seri Salleh Tun Said, Umno vice-president Datuk Seri Mohd Shafie Apdal, Sabah deputy chief ministers, Tan Sri Joseph Pairin Kitingan and Datuk Yahya Hussin, United Pasokmomogun Kadazandusun Murut Organisation president Tan Sri Bernard Dompok, United Sabah People's Party president Tan Sri Joseph Kurup, State MCA chairman Datuk Edward Khoo, State MIC chairman Datuk V. Jothi, and State Gerakan chairman Datuk Gordon Leong.
After the breakfast, the prime minister left for Beaufort with a helicopter from the Kota Kinabalu International Airport to attend the people's gathering there.
After the Beaufort programme, Najib is scheduled to attend another people's gathering in Papar at noon. At 3.30pm, he will be launching the state-level Nadi Kasih Program in Tuaran.