- GST implementation to add up to RM27b to Malaysia's income
- ‘Opposition chaos agenda’ claim
- Youth slashed to death at karaoke centre
- Saiful, Nik Suryani to tie the knot
- Mourinho will win Chelsea the title
- TNB: Beware of imposters
- Cops refute Guan Eng's inaction claim
- Khairy set on 'breaking down walls'
- Flesh-eating disease victim gets prosthetic hands
- Mother of Delhi gang-rape victim pleads for justice: report
- Arsenal eye unsettled Rooney
- MCA: Unwise not to join cabinet
- Candice Glover wins 'American Idol'
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- WEEKEND WATCH: Heartwarming teacher tales More
Najib one of 25 most connected world leaders on Twitter
KUALA LUMPUR -- Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak has been listed as one of the 25 most connected world leaders on Twitter in a report published by Burson-Marsteller.
The recent published report titled "Twiplomacy" is the first ever global study of world leaders on Twitter.
The report ranked US President Barack Obama as the most followed world leader on Twitter while Najib's account is number two in Asia and number 17 in the world out of the 254 head of governments and state and institutions.
It also listed Najib as the sixth most popular world leader who "tweets properly" -- coming in at number 30 out of 254 head of states and government that actually do their own tweeting.
Najib started to tweet on Sept 23, 2008 and as of today he has 767,679 followers on Twitter with 2,675 tweets and 81 following.
This makes him by far the most popular national leader in Asia on Twitter, per capita (1 in 37) and comfortably in the global top ten.
According to the report, Najib is also following a number of international and regional leaders and is mutually connected with @bluehousekorea, @karimmassimov_e and @number10gov.
The report also noted that Najib is an early adopter of Twitter.
"Malaysia's Prime Minister (Datuk Seri) Najib (Tun) Razak actively engages with his audience. He tweets personally and engages his half a million followers with quizzes and sweepstakes.
"Seventeen percent of his tweets are conversational and include @replies," said the report which is available on twiplomacy.com. -- Bernama