- GST implementation to add up to RM27b to Malaysia's income
- ‘Opposition chaos agenda’ claim
- Clean water supply in Selangor, KL steadily decreasing: Syabas
- MCA: Unwise not to join cabinet
- Malaysia can become great through balanced education: Idris
- Saiful, Nik Suryani to tie the knot
- 6 people injured in bomb explosion in Sg Golok
- Chef detained in connection with wife's murder
- Poul-Erik Hoyer Larsen is the new President of BWF
- Youth slashed to death at karaoke centre
- Khairy: Bid to host 2034 World Cup should be meticulously planned
- New Xbox more than a game console
- Bumiputeras can now afford to be involved in equity investments: Shahrir
- Floods the bane of Kg Piandang
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader More
'Najib's people friendly approach opens space for discussion'
TAMBUNAN - The people friendly leadership of Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak has opened up more space for leaders to raise issues including the formation of the Royal Commission of Inquiry (RCI) on illegal immigrants.
Parti Bersatu Sabah (PBS) president Tan Sri Joseph Pairin Kitingan said good ties between the federal government and state government must be preserved as it had brought development especially in rural areas.
"PBS never stopped fighting for the people's future including Article 20 of Malaysia Agreement and oil royalties," he said at 'Pemimpin Bersama Rakyat' programme in Kampung Dabata, here today. The Sabah Deputy Chief Minister wants the people to see the changes and not to be influenced by issues raised by the opposition, as they are also championed by Barisan Nasional (BN).
"We expressed our feelings and he (Najib) listened. We are honored by the prime minister who opened more space for Sabahans, including Kadazandusun Murut (KDM) community."
Many things that Sabah leaders raised with the federal leadership resulted in effective solutions. "We also raised issues mentioned by the opposition but we don't tell lies to people," said Pairin who is also Infrastructure Development Minister.
However, the opposition strongly denied the changes and progress brought by the government and claimed that PBS had left the original struggle.
"They are lying to the people. You are familiar with them including my own brother (Dr Jeffrey) who keep switching parties claiming it was for the love of the people.
"He took his friends from Yayasan Sabah with him and as a result we lost the Kadazandusun people there."
Pairin who is Huguan Siou (paramount leader) for the KDM community leave it to the people to judge when the time comes.
Datuk Dr Jeffrey who is Parti Reformasi Rakyat (Star) liaison chief announced he would be contesting Keningau parliamentary seat held by Pairin. -- Bernama