- S. Korea Ferry incident: Body of boy who raised alarm believed found
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Parents of victims attack top official
- DAP's Nga chided over Tunship call
- White House national security aide Susan Rice to meet Anwar
- S'gor police bust biggest money laundering syndicate
- klia2 receives ICAO nod, first landing
- MH370 Tragedy: Opposition leader warned from speculating on missing plane
- Obama lookalike takes it in stride
- Firefly flight forced to turn back shortly after take off
- Obama's visit a recognition for Malaysia, says Jamaluddin Jarjis
- Dog attack victim doesn't want family to know ordeal
- It's Obama's right to see Anwar or not: Dr M
- Obama to launch MaGIC in Cyberjaya on Sunday
- MH370 Tragedy: MAS has settled about 96 per cent claims from Chinese families
- MH370 Tragedy: Malaysia to release preliminary report next week: PM More
KUANTAN: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak will officially launch the construction of the new state administrative centre at Kota SAS in Indera Mahkota here today.
Najib, his wife, Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, and Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Adnan Yaakob are scheduled to arrive at Kota SAS about 10am.
Located near the East Coast Highway and Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Airport, the RM400 million project is poised to be the intelligent city landmark in the east coast and is expected to take three years to complete.
The 600ha township will comprise the new state administration centre, commercial buildings and housing units.
Costing about RM2 billion, Kota SAS has been described as an alternative township that could reduce traffic congestion here.
Najib is also expected to launch the expansion of Kuantan Port in Gebeng here later in the afternoon.
The government will be building a 4.7km breakwater at the port, one of the longest in the world, as well as upgrading other infrastructure to support the port expansion, which is expected to be completed by November 2015.
Najib is also expected to witness the handing over of the newly constructed RM170m Panching water treatment plant here between East Coast Economic Region Development Council (ECERDC) chief executive officer Datuk Jebasingam Issace John and the state government, which will be represented by Adnan.
Najib will conclude his visit here by attending a dinner hosted by ECERDC in conjunction with their fifth anniversary at the Sultan Ahmad Shah International Convention Centre in Zenith Hotel.