- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities hope to deploy more AUVs: Hishammuddin
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Search to be most costly ever at US$100mil: analysts
- Iran nuclear deal proves elusive
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Some mourners are still in disbelief
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- UPDATE: 6 dead, 9 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Karpal Singh's Death: Liong Sik describes Karpal as a cheeky student
- Everest Avalanche updates: 12 killed, 3 missing
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Don't be apologetic in defending national interests, media told
- NSTP wins big at MPI-Petronas Awards
- 7.5-quake rattles southern Mexico: USGS More
KUANTAN: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak will officially launch the construction of the new state administrative centre at Kota SAS in Indera Mahkota here today.
Najib, his wife, Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, and Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Adnan Yaakob are scheduled to arrive at Kota SAS about 10am.
Located near the East Coast Highway and Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Airport, the RM400 million project is poised to be the intelligent city landmark in the east coast and is expected to take three years to complete.
The 600ha township will comprise the new state administration centre, commercial buildings and housing units.
Costing about RM2 billion, Kota SAS has been described as an alternative township that could reduce traffic congestion here.
Najib is also expected to launch the expansion of Kuantan Port in Gebeng here later in the afternoon.
The government will be building a 4.7km breakwater at the port, one of the longest in the world, as well as upgrading other infrastructure to support the port expansion, which is expected to be completed by November 2015.
Najib is also expected to witness the handing over of the newly constructed RM170m Panching water treatment plant here between East Coast Economic Region Development Council (ECERDC) chief executive officer Datuk Jebasingam Issace John and the state government, which will be represented by Adnan.
Najib will conclude his visit here by attending a dinner hosted by ECERDC in conjunction with their fifth anniversary at the Sultan Ahmad Shah International Convention Centre in Zenith Hotel.