- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Fake passport bearers bought tickets together
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: PM: Govt will review all protocols, upgrade KLIA's security
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- MISSING MH370: Debris near Tho Chu island not from MH370
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Search in coastal areas
- MISSING MH370: Chinese passengers family members arrive at KLIA
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: US dispatch two ships, aircraft to assist SAR operation
- Chong Wei is king again
- MISSING MH370: Pix Gallery Day 2
- MISSING MH370: MAS to fly Chinese families to KL
- MISSING MH370: Radar showed missing plane may have turned back More
KUANTAN: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak will officially launch the construction of the new state administrative centre at Kota SAS in Indera Mahkota here today.
Najib, his wife, Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, and Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Adnan Yaakob are scheduled to arrive at Kota SAS about 10am.
Located near the East Coast Highway and Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Airport, the RM400 million project is poised to be the intelligent city landmark in the east coast and is expected to take three years to complete.
The 600ha township will comprise the new state administration centre, commercial buildings and housing units.
Costing about RM2 billion, Kota SAS has been described as an alternative township that could reduce traffic congestion here.
Najib is also expected to launch the expansion of Kuantan Port in Gebeng here later in the afternoon.
The government will be building a 4.7km breakwater at the port, one of the longest in the world, as well as upgrading other infrastructure to support the port expansion, which is expected to be completed by November 2015.
Najib is also expected to witness the handing over of the newly constructed RM170m Panching water treatment plant here between East Coast Economic Region Development Council (ECERDC) chief executive officer Datuk Jebasingam Issace John and the state government, which will be represented by Adnan.
Najib will conclude his visit here by attending a dinner hosted by ECERDC in conjunction with their fifth anniversary at the Sultan Ahmad Shah International Convention Centre in Zenith Hotel.