- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up'
- MH370 Tragedy: Najib raps Anwar for absurd claims
- MH370 Tragedy: 6-hour data collected by Bluefin-21 being analysed
- 'Anwar out to fool people with absurd statement'
- MH370 Tragedy: First foray of mini-sub finds nothing of interest
- Commotion breaks out at Perak-JDT match
- MH370 Tragedy: Search enters new phase
- Call traced to co-pilot's phone
- MH370 Tragedy: Mini-sub on second mission
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- Its BSM's right to decide on move: Khalid Ibrahim
- MISSING MH370: 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Rare baby camel makes his debut
- MH370 Tragedy: Bunga Mas Enam sails off to help SAR
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane More
KUALA LUMPUR: The National Archives of Malaysia has targeted to digitise three million of its collections by next year for better public access to information to keep in steps with the changing times.
Its deputy director-general (planning and management), Azemi Abdul Aziz said until the end of last year, 400,000 collections had been digitized for public consumption.
"The information provided transcends boundaries and can be accessed anywhere," he told Bernama after closing the National Archives' 1Malaysia Memorial Expedition in collaboration with the Bangsar and Pudu district education offices and the Kuala Lumpur Council of History Teachers here today.
Priority is given to old history often cited by researchers, he said, adding that the digitization was being implemented under the National Key Result Areas to familiarise the public with an institution treasuring the country's historical documents.
On the expedition, Azemi said it was aimed at providing opportunities to students and teachers to get to know national figures better in an effort to instill patriotic fervour among them.
Sekolah Menengah Sultan Alam Shah, represented by Muhammad Najmi Zainudin, Wan Muhammad Naqib Mohd Daud and Amin Mohamad Amiruddin, was adjudged the winner of the expedition. -- BERNAMA