- Karpal Singh killed in crash
- Tun M: Why keep the Causeway?
- Latest: More than 300 people missing after South Korea ferry sinks
- 54-year-old man first M'sian to die from MERS
- Russia rules artist who nailed scrotum to Red Square 'committed no crime'
- MH370 Tragedy: Mini-sub aborts again
- MH370 Tragedy: Anwar hits out at Singapore for supporting Malaysia
- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up'
- MH370 Tragedy: Mini-sub on second mission
- MH370 Tragedy: American Navy ship involved in SAR docks at Westport
- MH370 Tragedy: If filed, lawsuits by families might not get heard in US
- Nintendo forecasts net loss, slashes Wii U sales target
- MH370 Tragedy: More countries offering help in SAR, says Hishammuddin
- MH370 Tragedy: Najib raps Anwar for absurd claims
- Dr M: Muslims must portray Islam as simple religion More
National hockey player Chua Boon Huat dies in accident
KUALA LUMPUR: National hockey player Chua Boon Huat, 33, died in an accident involving his car and a lorry at 2.25am today.
The incident occured on the Damansara - Puchong Highway (LDP) near Kelana Jaya LRT station.
The Damansara Fire and Rescue Station was informed about an accident between a Proton Perdana and a water-tank lorry at 2.40am.
An officer and five firemen were dispatched to the scene at KM10.4 of the LDP.
They found Chua stuck in the wreckage and he died at the scene due to serious head injuries.
The cause of the incident has yet to be determined, but it was believed that Chua had rammed into the side of the highway cleanliness lorry.
Hailed from Bukit Cina, Malacca, Chua was one of the longest serving hockey players in the country.
He made his debut as a 17-year-old with the Malaysia hockey team in the 1998 Commonwealth Games and had earned more than 300 caps for Malaysia .