- CYCLING: Josiah in major crash
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- Spanish 'ghost' airport goes up for sale
- 5 killed in crash
- Teenage boy drowns after getting trapped in quicksand
- Neocolonialism of our place names
- Egypt's General El-Sisi voted Person of the Year by Time readers
- Chinese-Brazilian satellite fails to enter orbit
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- HOCKEY: Malaysian Juniors beat England 4-2 in New Delhi
- Rare riot shocks Singapore
- FMM supports maintaining Saturday, Sunday as weekends in Selangor
- Small steps, big impact More
National hockey player Chua Boon Huat dies in accident
KUALA LUMPUR: National hockey player Chua Boon Huat, 33, died in an accident involving his car and a lorry at 2.25am today.
The incident occured on the Damansara - Puchong Highway (LDP) near Kelana Jaya LRT station.
The Damansara Fire and Rescue Station was informed about an accident between a Proton Perdana and a water-tank lorry at 2.40am.
An officer and five firemen were dispatched to the scene at KM10.4 of the LDP.
They found Chua stuck in the wreckage and he died at the scene due to serious head injuries.
The cause of the incident has yet to be determined, but it was believed that Chua had rammed into the side of the highway cleanliness lorry.
Hailed from Bukit Cina, Malacca, Chua was one of the longest serving hockey players in the country.
He made his debut as a 17-year-old with the Malaysia hockey team in the 1998 Commonwealth Games and had earned more than 300 caps for Malaysia .