- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll reaches 121, 181 still missing
- MH370 Tragedy: Deeper search for Malaysian jet soon
- MH370 Tragedy: 'Unidentified material' under investigation
- Boy tied to a chair murder case in Malacca solved
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Divers feel with hands for corpses in cold depths
- Meeting Joyah Vegas
- MH370 probe team may be forced to ‘start again’
- Japanese oil tanker robbed, 3 kidnapped
- OCBC Malaysia's CEO resigns
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll hits 150 as search gets tougher
- Two viciously attacked by dogs in Seremban
- MH370 Tragedy: 5 military aircraft continue air search despite poor weather
- "Don't cry mom," Huguan tells his mother
- MH192: Bangalore bound flight made an air turn-back
- MH370 Tragedy: Search reveals military vulnerability for China More
National hockey player Chua Boon Huat dies in accident
KUALA LUMPUR: National hockey player Chua Boon Huat, 33, died in an accident involving his car and a lorry at 2.25am today.
The incident occured on the Damansara - Puchong Highway (LDP) near Kelana Jaya LRT station.
The Damansara Fire and Rescue Station was informed about an accident between a Proton Perdana and a water-tank lorry at 2.40am.
An officer and five firemen were dispatched to the scene at KM10.4 of the LDP.
They found Chua stuck in the wreckage and he died at the scene due to serious head injuries.
The cause of the incident has yet to be determined, but it was believed that Chua had rammed into the side of the highway cleanliness lorry.
Hailed from Bukit Cina, Malacca, Chua was one of the longest serving hockey players in the country.
He made his debut as a 17-year-old with the Malaysia hockey team in the 1998 Commonwealth Games and had earned more than 300 caps for Malaysia .