- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Restaurant owner survives shooting
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- Manhunt launched for bogus interpreter at Mandela’s memorial service
- 2nd Penang bridge to be opened in Feb 2014
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- New-look Perdana is govt official car
- Celebrations on hold
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader' More
NFC issue: PAC to call Agriculture Ministry, Veterinary department reps
KUALA LUMPUR: The Public Accounts Committee (PAC) will call upon representatives from the Agriculture and Agro-based Industry Ministry and the Veterinary Department to explain the standard operating procedures (SOP) in the awarding of contracts for the National Feedlot Centre (NFC) project.
PAC chairman Datuk Seri Azmi Khalid said during its meeting today, PAC had agreed to call the representatives from the ministry and the department on June 26.
"However, the explanation needed is only on the SOP and whether they were adhering to the SOP in the awarding of NFC contract. We will not touch on matters related to the charges in court that may be sub-judice.
"There are two parts. One is when the money (fund) is dispersed, which we will not touch, and the other one, which we will touch, is on how the decisions are made before they start the project," he told reporters at the Parliament House today.
On March 12, NFC executive chairman Datuk Seri Mohamad Salleh Ismail, 64, was charged with two counts of criminal breach of trust by abusing NFC funds totalling RM9,758,140 to partly finance the purchase of two units of One Menerung Condominium in Bangsar in December 2009, and by allocating RM40 million into the National Meat and Livestock Corporation Sdn Bhd, which is owned by him and one of his sons. -- BERNAMA