- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll reaches 121, 181 still missing
- MH370 Tragedy: Deeper search for Malaysian jet soon
- MH370 Tragedy: 'Unidentified material' under investigation
- Boy tied to a chair murder case in Malacca solved
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Divers feel with hands for corpses in cold depths
- Meeting Joyah Vegas
- MH370 probe team may be forced to ‘start again’
- Japanese oil tanker robbed, 3 kidnapped
- OCBC Malaysia's CEO resigns
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll hits 150 as search gets tougher
- Two viciously attacked by dogs in Seremban
- MH370 Tragedy: 5 military aircraft continue air search despite poor weather
- "Don't cry mom," Huguan tells his mother
- MH192: Bangalore bound flight made an air turn-back
- MH370 Tragedy: Search reveals military vulnerability for China More
ALOR STAR: A Nigerian student of a private college in Kuala Lumpur was sentenced to death by the High Court today for trafficking in 16,936g of cannabis two years ago.
Judicial Commissioner Mohd Zaki Abdul Wahab ruled that the prosecution had proved its case beyond reasonable doubt against John Amaechi Eze, 23.
The accused was found guilty of committing the offence in front of Lye Huat Garden hall in Jitra about 9.30pm on May 10.
In his judgment, Zaki said the accused claimed he was waiting to board an express bus to Kuala Lumpur at a restaurant in front of the Lye Huat Garden hall when he was arrested by police.
However, he said the court did not believe his claim that he did not own the luggage when witnesses had testified that he was with the luggage all the time.
"The court also found that the accused had failed to prove the bag was not his," Zaki said.
Deputy public prosecutor Wan Nor Hasnita Wan Daud prosecuted while Eze was represented by Ali Munawar Razak.