- Karpal Singh's Death: The Tiger is finally put to rest
- MH370 Tragedy: NOK committee to set date for 'no survivors' announcement
- Karpal Singh's Death: Nawawi apologises to Karpal's family
- Tour bus tragedy updates : UK tourist identified as victim
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Tour bus falls into ravine, 1 dies
- Karpal Singh's Death: The final tour
- GOOGLE: Malaysia’s Top 10 Trending Searches on Google
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Police have recorded statements from 260 people
- Karpal Singh's Death: Cortège arrives at crematorium
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- Nigeria gunmen raze teachers residence at girls school
- Anwar Ibrahim reiterates support for hudud
- TRAGIC END: Three youths drowned near two popular beaches More
ALOR STAR: A Nigerian student of a private college in Kuala Lumpur was sentenced to death by the High Court today for trafficking in 16,936g of cannabis two years ago.
Judicial Commissioner Mohd Zaki Abdul Wahab ruled that the prosecution had proved its case beyond reasonable doubt against John Amaechi Eze, 23.
The accused was found guilty of committing the offence in front of Lye Huat Garden hall in Jitra about 9.30pm on May 10.
In his judgment, Zaki said the accused claimed he was waiting to board an express bus to Kuala Lumpur at a restaurant in front of the Lye Huat Garden hall when he was arrested by police.
However, he said the court did not believe his claim that he did not own the luggage when witnesses had testified that he was with the luggage all the time.
"The court also found that the accused had failed to prove the bag was not his," Zaki said.
Deputy public prosecutor Wan Nor Hasnita Wan Daud prosecuted while Eze was represented by Ali Munawar Razak.