- MISSING MH370: Fishermen find life raft near PD
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370
- MISSING MH370: Search for missing jet covers mountainous, forest areas
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Aviation expert suggests 6 reasons for disappearance
- MISSING MH370: RMAF chief denies military radar report
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam scales down SAR
- MISSING MH370: Terengganu police receive report on explosion in Marang
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: China says SAR efforts expanded to land areas
- MISSING FLIGHT MH370: Get a good communicator More
ALOR STAR: A Nigerian student of a private college in Kuala Lumpur was sentenced to death by the High Court today for trafficking in 16,936g of cannabis two years ago.
Judicial Commissioner Mohd Zaki Abdul Wahab ruled that the prosecution had proved its case beyond reasonable doubt against John Amaechi Eze, 23.
The accused was found guilty of committing the offence in front of Lye Huat Garden hall in Jitra about 9.30pm on May 10.
In his judgment, Zaki said the accused claimed he was waiting to board an express bus to Kuala Lumpur at a restaurant in front of the Lye Huat Garden hall when he was arrested by police.
However, he said the court did not believe his claim that he did not own the luggage when witnesses had testified that he was with the luggage all the time.
"The court also found that the accused had failed to prove the bag was not his," Zaki said.
Deputy public prosecutor Wan Nor Hasnita Wan Daud prosecuted while Eze was represented by Ali Munawar Razak.