- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Tun M: Why keep the Causeway?
- Karpal Singh's Death: PM extends his condolences to family members
- Latest: More than 300 people missing after South Korea ferry sinks
- 54-year-old man first M'sian to die from MERS
- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up'
- MH370 Tragedy: Anwar hits out at Singapore for supporting Malaysia
- Karpal Singh's Death: " Penang had lost a son," says Lim Guan Eng
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- Karpal Singh's Death: Mukhriz extends his heartfelt condolences
- MH370 Tragedy: uFly fires flight simulator who appeared on CNN
- MH370 Tragedy: Robot sub makes first complete search
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Fears grow for hundreds missing More
LONG AWAITED: Ning Baizura announced pregnancy during a charity mini-concert
KUALA LUMPUR: Singer-cum-actress Ning Baizura is pregnant. The 37-year-old celebrity, who is married to British citizen Omar Sharif @ Chris Dalton, announced the good news to the audience during a fundraising mini-concert at Hits Club, Scott Garden in Jalan Klang Lama here on Sunday.
Ning was talking to the audience and cracking jokes in between songs while performing at the "Just For You, Loga" fundraising event, held to collect donations for the family of Alleycats late lead vocalist Datuk Loganathan Arumugam, when she suddenly put her hands on her stomach and made the announcement.
"Yes, I am proud to share with you that I have a bun in the oven," said Ning, responded with cheer and applauses by the some 150 audiences.
It is learnt that Ning, who married Omar in Feb 2008, was in her third month of pregnancy.
However, the pregnancy did not affect her performance that night, in which she presented three songs in tribute to Loganathan, including her favourite high-pitched hits 'Awan Yang Terpilu'.
The fundraising event was organised by Malaysian Artistes Association (Karyawan) to help Loga's wife Datin Susan Lovie and their two children whose house in Tanjung Bungah, Penang was razed in a fire last month.
Ning was among other artistes - including Alleycats members, Datuk Leonard Tan, veteran bands Heavy Machine, Havoc, and Vijay David And The Band, who performed in the four-hour concert which began at 9pm.
The organiser managed to raise RM5,000 from entrance fees and individual contributions during the event.