- CYCLING: Josiah in major crash
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- Teenage boy drowns after getting trapped in quicksand
- 'Sound of Music' actress dies at 91
- 17 shoplots gutted in morning blaze
- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- First catenary traffic light launched
- Spanish 'ghost' airport goes up for sale
- 5 killed in crash
- Petronas reports major gas find
- House owners return to begin the big clean-up
- Rare riot shocks Singapore
- Neocolonialism of our place names More
One dead, nine injured in explosion at Petronas plant in Paka
DUNGUN: A contract worker was killed and nine others were injured in a fire at the Petronas gas processing plant here today, according to a statement from Petronas Gas Berhad (PGB).
The dead worker has been identified as Rosli Mansor, 31, of Kuala Terengganu, PGB said, adding that he died at the scene during the fire at about 3 pm and the body was sent to Kemaman Hospital.
PGB said another worker, Mohd Zamri Fithri Mat Nor, 25, of Padang Pulut here, suffered 90 per cent burns and was rushed to Sultanah Nur Zahirah Hospital.
The eight other injured workers were sent to the Kemaman and Dungun hospitals, it said.
PGB said the fire was brought under control at 3.30 pm.
It said the dead and injured were workers of contractor Hyundai PFCE which was undertaking maintenance work at the plant.
PGB said it took all the appropriate measures to render assistance to the victims and their families. BERNAMA