- Police denied photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Respect rule of law, Karpal urged
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Mother and two-month-old baby died in after ramming into an electric pole
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Epileptic woman who stayed alone found dead
- “I thought I knew him...”
- SUDIRMAN CUP: Kim Her stands by fading pair
- Water woes for KL, Selangor folk
- Police solved Pakistani murder
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- Zahid: Probe into Lahad Datu intrusion completed More
SHAH ALAM: A lorry driver thought he was hallucinating when he saw a flying object crashed into a Proton Wira in front of him yesterday.
"It happened very quickly and when I looked through my side view mirror as I drove pass the Proton Wira, I saw a man covered in blood lying on the road," said an eye witness who identified himself only as Ah Meng.
In the 1.30pm incident at KM0.4 of the Kemuning - Shah Alam Highway (LKSA), here, yesterday, victim Roslan Othman, 45, and his three office mates were on their way to Kota Kemuning to have lunch when the Proton Inspira driven by the victim's friend went out of control, skidded and hit the road divider before flying into the oppoite lane.
Ah Meng, 25, said he was driving his lorry when he saw the victim's car flying from the opposite lane and slamming into a Proton Wira in front of him.
Due to the impact of the crash, Roslan was thrown out of his car onto the road and died at the scene while other passengers escaped with minor injuries.
"I wanted to help the victim but when I saw that he was seriously injured, I did not dare to touch him. I believe the car was speeding as it went out of control when it was exiting the Kesas Highway ," he said.
Shah Alam traffic chief Deputy Superintendent Ruslan Abdullah when contacted said the victim died instantly of serious head injuries while the driver and passengers in the Proton Wira suffered minor injuries.
"The victim's body was sent to the Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital (HTAR) in Klang for post mortem while those injured were also sent to the same hospital for treatment," he said.
The case is investigated under Section 41(1) of the Road Transport Act 1987.