- MH192: Bangalore bound flight made an air turn-back
- MH192 Update: Aircraft lands safely at KLIA
- MH370 Tragedy: NOK committee to set date for 'no survivors' announcement
- Karpal Singh's Death: The Tiger is finally put to rest
- MH192: Passengers express relief and gratitude to heroic pilot
- Karpal Singh's Death: Nawawi apologises to Karpal's family
- GOOGLE: Malaysia’s Top 10 Trending Searches on Google
- Tour bus tragedy updates : UK tourist identified as victim
- MH370 Tragedy: Police have recorded statements from 260 people
- MISSING MH370: Debris found at Straits of Malacca
- 'Unidentified plane is MH370'
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- Tour bus falls into ravine, 1 died
- Mercedes, BMW chase ultra rich clients with new high end cars More
BANDA ACEH (Indonesia): A 5.9-magnitude earthquake struck off Indonesia’s Aceh province Tuesday, killing an eight-year-old girl and injuring seven others, officials said.
The quake struck 112 kilometres (70 miles) southeast of the provincial capital of Banda Aceh at 22:22 GMT, at a depth of 37 kilometres, the US Geological Survey said.
“An eight-year-old girl in Pidie district was killed after a cupboard in her bedroom fell on her when the quake shook the ground,” the district’s disaster management agency chief Apriyadi, who goes by one name, told AFP.
He added that seven people were injured, four of them seriously, due to collapsing walls.
The Indonesian Meteorology, Geophysics and Climatology Agency (BMKG) issued no tsunami alert.
Indonesia sits on the Pacific “Ring of Fire” where continental plates collide, causing frequent seismic and volcanic activity. -- AFP