- Rep: Recall all ICs from Project IC
- Nearly 1,000 villagers in Sibu left homeless in fire
- Singapore smog breaches 'hazardous' level
- Disabled woman, US child held captive with snakes
- Singapore, Indonesia to hold talks on smog crisis
- One of 3 HK tourists injured in KK train accident, dies
- Tests find no trace of body tissue from wreckage
- New MERS virus spreads easily, deadlier than SARS
- Baby abuse case: Yuliana was sane during incident, says report
- Britain's William and Kate do not know sex of royal baby
- Hawker's family views CCTV clip
- 'CCTV images may yield clue on hawker's fate'
- Islam is my driving force, says author
- HK tourists hurt in train vs cars crash in KK
- Family members hold seventh-day prayers More
SEREMBAN: A Wanita Umno member was killed and 77 other party members were injured in a road accident involving two buses and a trailer lorry near the Port Dickson south-bound exit of the North-South Expressway early today.
Roha Dol, 79, of Batu Pahat died at Tuanku Ja'afar Hospital here about two hours after the accident which occurred at about 3 am.
A police spokesman said a bus carrying 40 Puteri Umno members from Kuala Berang, Terengganu, heading for Melaka crashed onto the rear of a trailer lorry and another bus, carrying 44 Umno members, knocked into the earlier one.
The Umno members had attended the party's 66th anniversary bash at the Bukit Jalil National Stadium in Kuala Lumpur last night.
Negeri Sembilan Traffic Police chief ASP Abd Halil Hamzah, when contacted, said all the injured were rushed to Tuanku Ja'afar Hospital.
Hospital director Dr Jaafar Che Mat told reporters that Roha died at 5.40 am.
He also said that the injured people were given outpatient treatment.
One of the bus passengers, Mohd Hafizan M. Senin, 30, said he was awakened from sleep by a loud noise and found himself hurled from the rear of the bus to the middle, and was slightly injured.
"I was in the second bus. Some of the passengers were badly hurt," he said.
Another passenger, Raja Sulaiman Busu, 59, said most of the passengers were asleep when the accident happened.
"I am thankful that I was unhurt," he said.
Parit Sulong MP Datuk Noraini Ahmad visited the injured at the hospital. - Bernama