- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- MH370 Tragedy: Approach may be reviewed if no concrete evidence: Hishammuddin
- Paloh assemblyman, son injured, wife killed in accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Pix gallery day 2
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was St Xavier's Institution most illustrious son
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll rises, hopes fade for hundreds missing
- Plane may be intact on seafloor, says expert
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's residence filled with mourners
- Karpal Singh's Death: Coffee with less sugar, Karpal's favourite - Shop owner More
One-off RM200 rebate for one 3G smartphone purchase
Malaysian youths will be able to enjoy a one-off rebate of RM200 for the purchase of one 3G smartphone from an authorised dealer through the Youth Communication Package, announced by the prime minister today.
Datuk Seri Najib Razak said the package would be introduced by the government with the cooperation of the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commmission and telecommunication companies to enable youths to access the information highway.
This is because the majority of the 22 per cent of Malaysians who use the smartphone to surf the Internet are youths.
The special package is for youths aged 21 to 30 years with a monthly income of RM3,000 and below.
"A sum of RM300 million is allocated for this to benefit 1.5 million youths," said Najib, who is also Finance Minister, when tabling the 2013 Budget in Parliament, here, today.
He said the government would also organise the Putrajaya Youth Festival, the largest youth gathering in Malaysia, in conjunction with 2013 as the National Volunteer Year. - Bernama