- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities hope to deploy more AUVs: Hishammuddin
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Search to be most costly ever at US$100mil: analysts
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Liong Sik describes Karpal as a cheeky student
- UPDATE: 6 dead, 9 missing in avalanche on Everest
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain, crew members arrested
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain says evacuation delayed for safety
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Everest Avalanche updates: 12 killed, 3 missing
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- Nintendo forecasts net loss, slashes Wii U sales target More
One sailor feared dead, 22 rescued from burning tanker
PONTIAN: A sailor is feared dead while 22 others were rescued from a burning tanker located at 2.6 nautical miles off the south of Pulau Kukup here this afternoon.
At press time the tanker is still on fire with the operation to douse the flame ongoing.
MT Samudera's engine room caught fire at but the Southern region Malaysia Maritine Enforcement Agency (MMEA) was only alerted of the situation at .
Its enforcement chief Left. First Admiral Adun Shalan said the rescue mission was a joint operation between the marine police, Fishery Department and also the Pontian Fire and Rescue Department.
The 22 crew all-Indian nationals are currently undergoing routine medical observation at the Pontian Hospital, after they were ferried to the Kukup Jetty at .
"The crew said the fire started at the engine room about and spread rapidly, though they tried to put it out.
"They also said that they were not ferrying any combustible items, or fuel. We will conduct checks to estimate the extent of damage," he added.
MT Samudera was traveling from Batam, Indonesia heading towards Chettagon, India when the fire broke out.