- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- MISSING MH370: Search for missing jet covers mountainous, forest areas
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Aviation expert suggests 6 reasons for disappearance
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam scales down SAR
- MISSING MH370: Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- MISSING MH370: China says SAR efforts expanded to land areas
- MISSING MH370: Military says missing jet changed course
- MISSING MH370: 600,000 scan satellites images for clues
- MISSING MH370: Unlikely to be terrorist event: Interpol head More
One sailor feared dead, 22 rescued from burning tanker
PONTIAN: A sailor is feared dead while 22 others were rescued from a burning tanker located at 2.6 nautical miles off the south of Pulau Kukup here this afternoon.
At press time the tanker is still on fire with the operation to douse the flame ongoing.
MT Samudera's engine room caught fire at but the Southern region Malaysia Maritine Enforcement Agency (MMEA) was only alerted of the situation at .
Its enforcement chief Left. First Admiral Adun Shalan said the rescue mission was a joint operation between the marine police, Fishery Department and also the Pontian Fire and Rescue Department.
The 22 crew all-Indian nationals are currently undergoing routine medical observation at the Pontian Hospital, after they were ferried to the Kukup Jetty at .
"The crew said the fire started at the engine room about and spread rapidly, though they tried to put it out.
"They also said that they were not ferrying any combustible items, or fuel. We will conduct checks to estimate the extent of damage," he added.
MT Samudera was traveling from Batam, Indonesia heading towards Chettagon, India when the fire broke out.