- Anwar's creepy cameo
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Death of Mandela: Passing of a great leader
- 3 Lamborghini up in flames
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- FLOOD: Flood victims at relief centres exceed 50,000
- Floods fail to deter couple
- 'Cult followers may be out for more hits'
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Tribute to King of Thailand
- PM's speech inspirational, motivating'
- Indian court orders fresh trial for Bollywood's Khan
- Jln Cenderawasih permanently closed since Nov 15: DBKL
- 11,000 go without power in Terengganu More
Ops Cantas : 7 arrested, firearms seized in Kedah
ALOR STAR: Kedah police believed to have crippled the robbery gang involved in the recent armed robbery at Pokok Sena with the arrest of five men and seized one revolver.
Police nabbed all five aged between 20 and 30, in Jitra and Kepala Batas near here separately since Sept 9 until yesterday in the on-going 'Ops Cantas Khas' carried out in the areas.
A revolver, believed to be the same firearm used in the robbery, and 12 bullets were also recovered during the operation.
Kedah police chief Datuk Ahmad Ibrahim said the preliminary investigation showed that two of the suspects have past criminal convictions.
The suspects were remanded to facilitate the investigation in the armed gang robbery at a rubber scrub trader shop in Pokok Sena on Sept 4 where RM35,000 robbed from the shop.
In a separate case, two Thai-national,aged 20 to 30, were arrested for illegal possession of homemade air rifle in Sik near here yesterday.
Acting on a tip-off, police arrested the men at different location in the district at about .
The case was investigated under Section of Firearms Act 1971 for illegal possesson of firearms.
Ahamd said the arrest were among 514 arrest made throughout Ops Cantas Khas carried out in all districts in the state since Aug 17.