- Rep: Recall all ICs from Project IC
- Nearly 1,000 villagers in Sibu left homeless in fire
- Singapore smog breaches 'hazardous' level
- Disabled woman, US child held captive with snakes
- Singapore, Indonesia to hold talks on smog crisis
- One of 3 HK tourists injured in KK train accident, dies
- Tests find no trace of body tissue from wreckage
- New MERS virus spreads easily, deadlier than SARS
- Baby abuse case: Yuliana was sane during incident, says report
- Hawker's family views CCTV clip
- Indonesia says Singapore 'behaving like a child' over haze
- Britain's William and Kate do not know sex of royal baby
- 'CCTV images may yield clue on hawker's fate'
- Islam is my driving force, says author
- Family members hold seventh-day prayers More
PUTRAJAYA: Thirty orphans from Rumah Anak Yatim Penyayang Bestari, Banting, Selangor were today taken shopping for Aidilfitri goodies by the Prime Minister's Office 1Malaysia Volunteer members.
Chief coordinator, Mohd Samsi Kamarudin said the programme was to share the joy with orphans via contribution by 70 employees of the prime minister's office.
"It is to help the orphans by purchasing Aidilfitri clothes as they require a lot of money," he told reporters at the presentation of contributions today.
Also present was Private Secretary to the Prime Minister, Datuk Mohd Po'ad Jelani.
The Prime Minister's Office 1Malaysia Volunteer members had undertaken programmes such as cleaning up mosques and helping flood victims.
Mohd Samsi said they also conducted IT community service programmes for Rumah Anak Yatim Datuk Harun, Ulu Klang and Rumah Penyayang Tun Razak, Pekan, Pahang.
Rumah Anak Yatim Penyayang Bestari secretary, Noor Bee Abu Bakar thanked the Prime Minister's Office 1Malaysia Volunteer members for the contributions.
"I hope to receive more assistance so that the orphans can celebrate Aidilfitri with joy just like other people," she added. -- BERNAMA