- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Soi Lek confirms he will step down as president
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- Ustaz Kazim gives final verdict on Umno invite
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- Woman killed in crash
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use More
KUALA LUMPUR: Course modules and materials from different fields of study at Open University Malaysia (OUM) will be made easily accessible through the use of smartphone and tablet applications starting from September.
Besides students, the public can also download OUM's applications via the Apple App Store at no charge for first-time users, with a charge levied on subsequent downloads.
OUM vice-chancellor-cum-president Professor Emeritus Tan Sri Dr Anuwar Ali said the application aimed to diversify teaching and learning methods in order to strengthen the university's delivery system.
"This approach reflects OUM's progress towards the use of compatible technology based on current developments.
"Apart from physical learning, OUM is also focused on online learning, and the applications are in line with OUM's vision and mission as an open university." he said at the 14th OUM Convocation here yesterday.
A total of 5,728 graduates will be receiving their scrolls in seven sessions of the convocation until Tuesday.
Of that number, three graduates from the first batch of the collaborative programme between OUM and Institute of International Health & Sciences (IIHS) in Sri Lanka received degrees in nursing and health sciences.
Anuwar said the collaboration between OUM and IIHS was established three years ago and so far, about 20 students had taken the course. Bernama