- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Fake passport bearers bought tickets together
- MISSING MH370: Debris near Tho Chu island not from MH370
- MISSING MH370: PM: Govt will review all protocols, upgrade KLIA's security
- MISSING MH370: Search in coastal areas
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- Chong Wei is king again
- MISSING MH370: US dispatch two ships, aircraft to assist SAR operation
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: Pix Gallery Day 2
- MISSING MH370: Thai police target 'passport ring' in vanished flight probe
- MISSING MH370: MAS to fly Chinese families to KL
- MISSING MH370: Chinese passengers family members arrive at KLIA
- MISSING MH370: Radar showed missing plane may have turned back
- MISSING MH370: Love and support for Capt Zaharie fills social media More
Overwhelming support from youths for Pokok Sena BN
POKOK SENA: The presence of about 10,000 youths at the gathering of youths from the Pokok Sena parliamentary constituency here today clearly reflected the support of the younger generation for the Barisan Nasional (BN), said Pokok Sena BN coordinator Datuk Ahmad Lebai Sudin.
He said the large gathering of young people aged between 21 and 35 at the Pokok Sena Square has inspired the Umno machinery to work harder in the run-up to the 13th general election.
The support shown has restored confidence in BN to wrest the Pokok Sena parliamentary seat from PAS in the 13th general election, he said after the launch of the programme.
Ahmad, who is also Pokok Sena Umno division head, said Umno Youth had so far registered over 8,000 new voters in the constituency.
He said the PAS-led Kedah government's failure to implement the Taman Bandar Sejahtera and Bandar Puteri housing projects as promised in the last general election had brightened the BN's chances in wresting the seat.
Kedah Umno Youth vice-chief Haris Che Mat said with the overwhelming support of youths to the programme, he felt that the BN had the upper hand in the Pokok Sena parliamentary seat and the Buki Lada state seat for youths made up 40 per cent of nearly 85,000 voters in the areas. -- BERNAMA