- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- Restaurant owner survives shooting
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- Manhunt launched for bogus interpreter at Mandela’s memorial service
- 2nd Penang bridge to be opened in Feb 2014
- New-look Perdana is govt official car
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- Celebrations on hold
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader'
- 'Time to put the past behind us' More
MANILA, Philippines: Manny Pacquiao was feted on his return to the Philippines on Saturday despite losing one his eight championship belts in a contentious loss to Timothy Bradley.
Pacquiao, who has returned to help flood victims in his home province which he represents in congress, was showered with confetti Saturday although his homecoming this time was much less festive because of his split decision defeat last week in Las Vegas.
He says losing his welterweight belt was “okay” because “I am a winner in the hearts of the people and I am a winner in the heart of God.”
The congressman said he cut short a vacation with his family in the United States to help thousands of victims of flash floods that hit Sarangani province. -- AP