- GST implementation to add up to RM27b to Malaysia's income
- ‘Opposition chaos agenda’ claim
- Youth slashed to death at karaoke centre
- Saiful, Nik Suryani to tie the knot
- Mourinho will win Chelsea the title
- Cops refute Guan Eng's inaction claim
- TNB: Beware of imposters
- Khairy set on 'breaking down walls'
- MCA: Unwise not to join cabinet
- Flesh-eating disease victim gets prosthetic hands
- Arsenal eye unsettled Rooney
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Mother of Delhi gang-rape victim pleads for justice: report
- Candice Glover wins 'American Idol'
- Facebook CEO turns 28: Does age matter? More
Palestinian killed in shootout with Israeli troops
JERUSALEM: An Israeli security official says a Palestinian militant has been killed in a shootout with Israeli soldiers.
The official says the militant was killed after he crossed into Israel from the Gaza Strip.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the Israeli military has not yet confirmed Friday’s incident.
Israel’s border with Gaza has been relatively quiet since a 2009 war with the militant Hamas group, which rules the coastal strip.
Still, there have been some flare-ups between militants and Israeli soldiers guarding the border. Israel’s military also launches airstrikes in response to rocket fire by militants. -- AP