- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Anwar's creepy cameo
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Death of Mandela: Passing of a great leader
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Floods fail to deter couple
- FLOOD: Flood victims at relief centres exceed 50,000
- 'Cult followers may be out for more hits'
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Death of Mandela: Mandela a leader I admire most: Dr M
- Tribute to King of Thailand
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- PM's speech inspirational, motivating'
- Indian court orders fresh trial for Bollywood's Khan More
KUCHING: A tired looking Pandelela Rinong was greeted by a sea of fans and VIPs at the Kuching International Airport today.
The 19-year-old Olympic bronze medalist was accom panied by her parents and two other Sarawak Olympians, Bryan Nickson Lomas and Traisy Vivien Tukiet. They flew in on board Malaysia Airlines flight MH2564 from Kuala Lumpur, which arrived at noon.
"It has been a tiring week ever since I came back from London. There was event after event that I needed to attend. But at the same time I am happy and thankful to those who are here to welcome us," said Pandelela.
Among those who were at the airport to welcome them were Deputy Chief Minister Tan Sri Alfred Jabu Numpang, Social Development Minister Tan Sri William Mawan and Dayak Bidayuh National Association president Ik Pahon Joyik.
The Olympian later left in a Mini Cooper convertible accompanied by a convoy of bikers and other ministers for the journey to Astana Negeri where she will meet the Yang di- Pertua Negeri Tun Abang Muhammad Sallehuddin for an award ceremony.