- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Police capable of handling gathering in PJ - Ahmad Zahid
- Police will appeal rejection of remand on trio, says Ahmad Zahid
- 2 coaches leave Manchester United
- Paul Low resigns as Transparency International Malaysia president
- Soccer: I got carried away with QPR, says ’naive’ Fernandes
- Opposition agreed to hold peaceful gatherings but did opposite - Zahid
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Potential water crisis in Selangor, KL, Putrajaya from July 2014
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- UK treating plane incident as criminal, not terror-related More
Paranormal practitioner, girlfriend remand extended
JOHOR BAHARU - The remand on paranormal practitioner Syed Abdullah Syed Hussein Al-Attas and his girlfriend have been extended three days to facilitate investigation into his blog posting deemed insulting to the Sultan of Johor.
Magistrate Hafizah Johor Ariff Johor allowed the police application to extend the remand order on Syed Abdullah, or better known as uncleseekers and his girlfriend which ends today.
Syed Abdullah, 46, and the woman, 26, arrived at Johor Baru court complex handcuffed in a police van at about 10am and were taken out of the court chamber at about 11.15am.
They were arrested by Nusajaya police at about 9.45pm on Wednesday at Senawang toll plaza, Negeri Sembilan under Section 8 (1) (d) the Official Secrets Act 1972.
On July 1, 30 people lodged police reports against Syed Abdullah for articles in his blog www.uncleseekers.blogspot.com, deemed as provocation, incitement and insulting to the Sultan of Johor.