- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- 20 ancient tombs unearthed near China's 3 Gorges reservoir
- 'Gerakan should go back to its basics'
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Uphold Constitution, says PM
- Introduction of SOSMA to replace ISA draws mixed reaction from law practitioners
- 'Umno to head Penang BN if Gerakan, MCA decline'
- 'Anwar using Red Bean Army to incite hatred'
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- 260,000 jobs by year-end
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668,000
- Will immigration reform get killed in Republican-led U.S. House
- University lecturers to boost English in schools More
Pas fails to control growth of entertainment outlets
JITRA: Kedah Umno Liaison Committee deputy chairman Datuk Mukhriz Tun Mahathir today claimed that the PAS-led state government had failed to control the growth of entertainment outlets in the state since taking over the administration in 2008.
Mukhriz, who is deputy international trade and industry ministry, said many entertainment outlets had sprouted, mainly in the remote areas such as Sik, Padang Serai and Baling.
The three districts did not have any entertainment outlets prior to PAS coming to power in the state, he added.
"The state government should control the growth of the entertainment outlets and act against unlicensed operators," he said when met at the mini education carnival at Sekolah Menengah Sains Kubang Pasu, here.
The Jerlun MP said both Muslims and non-Muslims alike were uncomfortable with the growth of the entertainment outlets without any control and need. Bernama