- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- 'Respect decision made by majority of Malaysians'
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Man held over housewife's death in abuse case
- 40ha of forest land razed in 12-hour forest fire
- Couple want missing daughter to return home
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into US parade
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- Two in motorcycle convoy to Desaru killed in crash
- Ancelotti mulls future, praises Beckham
- Trio gets death for trafficking cannabis
- National hockey squad ready for world league semifinals More
'PAS not practising political maturity in handling Nasharudin issue'
PUTRAJAYA -- PAS leaders and members have not shown maturity in their political ideology in the recent issue whereby its former Deputy President Nasharudin Mat Isa was seen in a photograph, seated beside prime minister Najib Tun Razak during a meeting in Mecca.
Kelantan Barisan Nasional (BN) Liaison Chief Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed who is also International Trade and Industry Minister said PAS members should not make any assumptions based on the photograph.
"They (PAS) should me matured in their political ideology and not conclude that when both leaders are seen together it meant Nasharudin has joined Umno," he told Bernama when met at the Hari Raya Aidilfitri Open House hosted by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and Cabinet Ministers at Seri Perdana here today.
Nasharudin, upon his return from Mecca on Thursday had said that his meeting with Najib and religious scholars in Mecca had not touched the issue of Umno or PAS, because the topic of discussion was regarding the ummah.
Last Wednesday, Kelantan Menteri Besar Datuk Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat had said he would not be surprised if Nasharudin quits PAS after being seen together with Najib in Mecca last Tuesday. -- Bernama