- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- Restaurant owner survives shooting
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- 2nd Penang bridge to be opened in Feb 2014
- Manhunt launched for bogus interpreter at Mandela’s memorial service
- New-look Perdana is govt official car
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- Celebrations on hold
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader'
- 'Time to put the past behind us' More
'PAS not practising political maturity in handling Nasharudin issue'
PUTRAJAYA -- PAS leaders and members have not shown maturity in their political ideology in the recent issue whereby its former Deputy President Nasharudin Mat Isa was seen in a photograph, seated beside prime minister Najib Tun Razak during a meeting in Mecca.
Kelantan Barisan Nasional (BN) Liaison Chief Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed who is also International Trade and Industry Minister said PAS members should not make any assumptions based on the photograph.
"They (PAS) should me matured in their political ideology and not conclude that when both leaders are seen together it meant Nasharudin has joined Umno," he told Bernama when met at the Hari Raya Aidilfitri Open House hosted by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and Cabinet Ministers at Seri Perdana here today.
Nasharudin, upon his return from Mecca on Thursday had said that his meeting with Najib and religious scholars in Mecca had not touched the issue of Umno or PAS, because the topic of discussion was regarding the ummah.
Last Wednesday, Kelantan Menteri Besar Datuk Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat had said he would not be surprised if Nasharudin quits PAS after being seen together with Najib in Mecca last Tuesday. -- Bernama