- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- Restaurant owner survives shooting
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- 2nd Penang bridge to be opened in Feb 2014
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- New-look Perdana is govt official car
- Manhunt launched for bogus interpreter at Mandela’s memorial service
- Celebrations on hold
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader'
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- 'Time to put the past behind us'
- 2013 SEA GAMES: 8th day results involving Malaysia More
TAIPING: Perak Pas deputy commissioner Datuk Seri Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin will contest in Changkat Jering, a state seat under the Bukit Gantang parliamentary constituency which was contested by the PKR in the 2008 general election.
The announcement was made by Perak Pas commissioner Abu Bakar Hussian at the party's political ceramah in Air Kuning here last night.
No Perak PKR leaders were present when the announcement was made.
Abu Bakar said the decision by Perak Pas to place Mohammad Nizar as the candidate for Changkat Jering has received the endorsement from Pas's secretary-general Datuk Mustafa Ali.
The former menteri besar candidacy for the Changkat Jering seat was previously announced by Perak Pas deputy youth chief Dr Raja Ahmad Iskandar Al-Hiss during a ceramah at Batu 6 Changkat Jering near here last Thursday.
The unilateral announcement by the Perak Pas Youth has caught Perak PKR leadership by surprise with its chief Dr Muhammad Nur Manuty reportedly said the status of the seat is yet to be finalized.
It has been speculated that Muhammad Nur will be fielded as PKR candidate for Changkat Jering and one of the contenders for the menteri besar post if the opposition recaptures Perak in the 13th GE.