- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Tun M: Why keep the Causeway?
- Karpal Singh's Death: PM extends his condolences to family members
- Latest: More than 300 people missing after South Korea ferry sinks
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up'
- 54-year-old man first M'sian to die from MERS
- Karpal Singh's Death: " Penang had lost a son," says Lim Guan Eng
- MH370 Tragedy: Anwar hits out at Singapore for supporting Malaysia
- MH370 Tragedy: Robot sub makes first complete search
- Karpal Singh's Death: Mukhriz extends his heartfelt condolences
- MH370 Tragedy: uFly fires flight simulator who appeared on CNN
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Fears grow for hundreds missing More
TAIPING: Perak Pas deputy commissioner Datuk Seri Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin will contest in Changkat Jering, a state seat under the Bukit Gantang parliamentary constituency which was contested by the PKR in the 2008 general election.
The announcement was made by Perak Pas commissioner Abu Bakar Hussian at the party's political ceramah in Air Kuning here last night.
No Perak PKR leaders were present when the announcement was made.
Abu Bakar said the decision by Perak Pas to place Mohammad Nizar as the candidate for Changkat Jering has received the endorsement from Pas's secretary-general Datuk Mustafa Ali.
The former menteri besar candidacy for the Changkat Jering seat was previously announced by Perak Pas deputy youth chief Dr Raja Ahmad Iskandar Al-Hiss during a ceramah at Batu 6 Changkat Jering near here last Thursday.
The unilateral announcement by the Perak Pas Youth has caught Perak PKR leadership by surprise with its chief Dr Muhammad Nur Manuty reportedly said the status of the seat is yet to be finalized.
It has been speculated that Muhammad Nur will be fielded as PKR candidate for Changkat Jering and one of the contenders for the menteri besar post if the opposition recaptures Perak in the 13th GE.