- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- BANTING MURDER: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- S. Korean girl killed by suicide jumper
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- KL vehicle number plates to start with W, ends with A
- IGP: Zero tolerance for street crimes
- Moyes is the real deal
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- US soldier accused of secretly taping naked women
- Apek back in the dock
- Immigrations Dept keeping watchful eye over foreigners
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station More
KUALA LUMPUR: Armed Forces chief Gen Tan Sri Zulkifeli Mohd Zin said Malaysians should strive to protect and further strengthen peace which had been inherited from their forefathers.
“I hope youths understand the sacrifices made by veterans, parents and members of the security forces to ensure everyone lived peacefully,” he said, commending the initiatives of non-governmental organisations like Project Ziarah for Peace.
Zulkifeli recently kick-started a peace carnival at the Taiping Lake Gardens, which was promoted by Project Ziarah for Peace founder and president Mohd Zamri Mohd Noordin.
The carnival is part of a nation-wide programme to foster love, care and goodwill among people worldwide, whereby Ziarah for Peace has appointed over 100 ambassadors to propagate its vision and mission.