- Kidnapped Taiwan woman returns home
- SEA GAMES: Malaysia bags 43 gold medals
- MCA 2013 : Liow is new party president
- MCA 2013 : Party's future in members hands - Dr Chua
- Retired NST staff, wife killed in multiple vehicle crash
- 'No jobs for medical grads next year'
- PKR Wanita chief slams Lim for racist remark
- MCA 2013 : Timeline
- France searches river for China tycoon after chopper crash
- MCA 2013 : Liow vows to unite party
- 'Errant drivers are cheating the system'
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan
- Five Indian policemen accused of gangraping teenager
- MCA 2013 : New VPs look forward to unite party members
- Closure of waste transfer station at Taman Beringin, garbage dumped by roadside More
KUALA LUMPUR: Armed Forces chief Gen Tan Sri Zulkifeli Mohd Zin said Malaysians should strive to protect and further strengthen peace which had been inherited from their forefathers.
“I hope youths understand the sacrifices made by veterans, parents and members of the security forces to ensure everyone lived peacefully,” he said, commending the initiatives of non-governmental organisations like Project Ziarah for Peace.
Zulkifeli recently kick-started a peace carnival at the Taiping Lake Gardens, which was promoted by Project Ziarah for Peace founder and president Mohd Zamri Mohd Noordin.
The carnival is part of a nation-wide programme to foster love, care and goodwill among people worldwide, whereby Ziarah for Peace has appointed over 100 ambassadors to propagate its vision and mission.