- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- New passport improvement
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- U.S. academics back BP in oil spill payouts battle
- Probe into teachers using social websites to slander govt - Ahmad Said
- Immigrations Dept keeping watchful eye over foreigners
- Graphic sex in applauded lesbian love story gets Cannes buzzing
- MACC begins investigation on payment in under-age rape victim case More
KUALA LUMPUR -- Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak said today the Pekan Umno Division in Pahang was ready to face the next general election.
Najib, who is also Umno president, said this was divulged to him today by members of the division.
"The Pekan Umno Division is ready to face the challenge of the 13th General Election, as acknowledged by the members this morning," he said in his latest tweet.
Najib, who is head of the division, opened the divisional delegates meeting in Pekan earlier today.
Meanwhile, Bernama reports that Najib said the 13th General Election is not an ordinary election, instead it will determine the survival of the Malays.
The Umno president said the Malays should realise that as the backbone of the Barisan Nasional (BN), Umno would be able to continue the struggle of the Malays and Islam.
"The opposition is fragile, they do not have the same ideology. In Barisan Nasional, Umno is the backbone. In the opposition, who is the backbone? Is it PAS, DAP or PKR?
"PKR is weak, if they come together, DAP boasts more seats. Can the Malays rely on DAP?
"DAP has never been happy with the position of the Malays and Muslims. Look at Perak's experience," he added.