- MISSING MH370 : MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people
- MISSING MH370 : Relatives, friends to gather at Beijing hotel
- MISSING MH370 : Statement from MAS chief executive
- MISSING MH370 : Massive search off south Vietnam coast
- MISSING MH370 : List of missing passengers
- MISSING MH370 : Public urged not to speculate news
- MISSING MH370 : Pix gallery
- MISSING MH370 : Previous MAS crashes and near misses
- Anwar guilty of sodomy, gets five years jail
- MISSING MH370 : Plane has been missing for 13 hours now
- MISSING MH370 : Nationalities of 239 passengers and crew
- MISSING MH370 : MAS refutes claims aircraft ran out of fuel
- MISSING MH370 : MMEA deploys SAR team
- MISSING MH370 : Pilot is Capt Zaharie Ahmad Shah
- MISSING MH370 : Family member arrives in KLIA More
KUALA LUMPUR -- Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak said today the Pekan Umno Division in Pahang was ready to face the next general election.
Najib, who is also Umno president, said this was divulged to him today by members of the division.
"The Pekan Umno Division is ready to face the challenge of the 13th General Election, as acknowledged by the members this morning," he said in his latest tweet.
Najib, who is head of the division, opened the divisional delegates meeting in Pekan earlier today.
Meanwhile, Bernama reports that Najib said the 13th General Election is not an ordinary election, instead it will determine the survival of the Malays.
The Umno president said the Malays should realise that as the backbone of the Barisan Nasional (BN), Umno would be able to continue the struggle of the Malays and Islam.
"The opposition is fragile, they do not have the same ideology. In Barisan Nasional, Umno is the backbone. In the opposition, who is the backbone? Is it PAS, DAP or PKR?
"PKR is weak, if they come together, DAP boasts more seats. Can the Malays rely on DAP?
"DAP has never been happy with the position of the Malays and Muslims. Look at Perak's experience," he added.