- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll reaches 121, 181 still missing
- MH370 Tragedy: Deeper search for Malaysian jet soon
- MH370 Tragedy: 'Unidentified material' under investigation
- Boy tied to a chair murder case in Malacca solved
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Divers feel with hands for corpses in cold depths
- Meeting Joyah Vegas
- MH370 probe team may be forced to ‘start again’
- Japanese oil tanker robbed, 3 kidnapped
- OCBC Malaysia's CEO resigns
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll hits 150 as search gets tougher
- Two viciously attacked by dogs in Seremban
- MH370 Tragedy: 5 military aircraft continue air search despite poor weather
- "Don't cry mom," Huguan tells his mother
- MH192: Bangalore bound flight made an air turn-back
- MH370 Tragedy: Search reveals military vulnerability for China More
KUALA LUMPUR -- Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak said today the Pekan Umno Division in Pahang was ready to face the next general election.
Najib, who is also Umno president, said this was divulged to him today by members of the division.
"The Pekan Umno Division is ready to face the challenge of the 13th General Election, as acknowledged by the members this morning," he said in his latest tweet.
Najib, who is head of the division, opened the divisional delegates meeting in Pekan earlier today.
Meanwhile, Bernama reports that Najib said the 13th General Election is not an ordinary election, instead it will determine the survival of the Malays.
The Umno president said the Malays should realise that as the backbone of the Barisan Nasional (BN), Umno would be able to continue the struggle of the Malays and Islam.
"The opposition is fragile, they do not have the same ideology. In Barisan Nasional, Umno is the backbone. In the opposition, who is the backbone? Is it PAS, DAP or PKR?
"PKR is weak, if they come together, DAP boasts more seats. Can the Malays rely on DAP?
"DAP has never been happy with the position of the Malays and Muslims. Look at Perak's experience," he added.