- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- Soi Lek confirms he will step down as president
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use
- Woman killed in crash
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico More
KUALA LUMPUR -- Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak said today the Pekan Umno Division in Pahang was ready to face the next general election.
Najib, who is also Umno president, said this was divulged to him today by members of the division.
"The Pekan Umno Division is ready to face the challenge of the 13th General Election, as acknowledged by the members this morning," he said in his latest tweet.
Najib, who is head of the division, opened the divisional delegates meeting in Pekan earlier today.
Meanwhile, Bernama reports that Najib said the 13th General Election is not an ordinary election, instead it will determine the survival of the Malays.
The Umno president said the Malays should realise that as the backbone of the Barisan Nasional (BN), Umno would be able to continue the struggle of the Malays and Islam.
"The opposition is fragile, they do not have the same ideology. In Barisan Nasional, Umno is the backbone. In the opposition, who is the backbone? Is it PAS, DAP or PKR?
"PKR is weak, if they come together, DAP boasts more seats. Can the Malays rely on DAP?
"DAP has never been happy with the position of the Malays and Muslims. Look at Perak's experience," he added.