- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Moyes driving us mad!
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Half-naked body of girl found by roadside
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- 2013 SEA GAMES: Malaysia wins first gold from Wushu
- Stiff Everton test for Gunners
- FLOOD: Victims in Dungun use tents at relief centres
- Football: Manchester United suffer another home defeat
- PM, sultan to open bridge today
- FLOOD: Worsening situation in Pahang, Terengganu
- A party determined to transform More
KUALA LUMPUR - The 1Malaysia Government Pensioners Club (Kupekmas) says the RM500 special financial aid is most welcomed by pensioners, especially those receiving low and medium pensions.
Secretary-general Datuk Abd Rahman Manan said Kupekmas would like to thank the government for giving the special financial aid to government pensioners.
"This shows that the prime minister and government recognise the services given by 657,000 pensioners nationwide," he said in a statement here today.Yesterday, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak announced half month salary bonus with minimum RM500 to civil servants and special financial aid of RM500 to pensioners, to be paid on Aug 9.
Abdul Rahman also thanked the prime minister for declaring July 19 of each year as Pensioners Day and agreed to consider building Kompleks Wisma Pesara for the convenience of pensioners.
Kupekmas, an organisation comprising pensioners in the country, was launched by the prime minister on July 19. -- BERNAMA