- GST implementation to add up to RM27b to Malaysia's income
- ‘Opposition chaos agenda’ claim
- New Xbox more than a game console
- Saiful, Nik Suryani to tie the knot
- Clean water supply in Selangor, KL steadily decreasing: Syabas
- Chef detained in connection with wife's murder
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Bumiputeras can now afford to be involved in equity investments: Shahrir
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- MCA: Unwise not to join cabinet
- Malaysia can become great through balanced education: Idris
- Bollywood bad boy Dutt held in 'terrorist' jail cell: report
- 6 people injured in bomb explosion in Sg Golok
- Poul-Erik Hoyer Larsen is the new President of BWF
- Khairy set on 'breaking down walls' More
KUALA LUMPUR - The 1Malaysia Government Pensioners Club (Kupekmas) says the RM500 special financial aid is most welcomed by pensioners, especially those receiving low and medium pensions.
Secretary-general Datuk Abd Rahman Manan said Kupekmas would like to thank the government for giving the special financial aid to government pensioners.
"This shows that the prime minister and government recognise the services given by 657,000 pensioners nationwide," he said in a statement here today.Yesterday, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak announced half month salary bonus with minimum RM500 to civil servants and special financial aid of RM500 to pensioners, to be paid on Aug 9.
Abdul Rahman also thanked the prime minister for declaring July 19 of each year as Pensioners Day and agreed to consider building Kompleks Wisma Pesara for the convenience of pensioners.
Kupekmas, an organisation comprising pensioners in the country, was launched by the prime minister on July 19. -- BERNAMA