- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- 'Respect decision made by majority of Malaysians'
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- Man held over housewife's death in abuse case
- 40ha of forest land razed in 12-hour forest fire
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- Trio gets death for trafficking cannabis
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into US parade
- Couple want missing daughter to return home
- Ancelotti mulls future, praises Beckham
- Two in motorcycle convoy to Desaru killed in crash
- National hockey squad ready for world league semifinals More
Perak DAP chairman draws flak for remark over Islam-insulting film
IPOH: Perak DAP chairman Datuk Ngeh Koo Ham has drawn flak for a tweet on Muslim opposition to the "Innocence of Muslims" film produced by Sam Bacile which insulted Prophet Muhammad and Islam.
Perak Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Zambry Abdul Kadir described Ngeh's remark on his Twitter account as provocative while the Perak 4B Youth Movement has lodged a police report against the DAP leader.
Ngeh had tweeted that "Khairy wants muslim protest against Sam Bacile. For Islam or for his political gains? Are muslims wasting too much time and energy on this?" in reference to Umno Youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin's statement.
Zambry said that though Ngeh had asked questions instead of making statements, the remark disappointed all Muslims.
"He should have shared the feelings of Muslims following the production of the film because every religion had its concept of prophethood. No one would want their prophet to be subjected to all kinds of accusations," he told reporters after a Meet-the-Clients Day, here.
Zambry said Ngeh should be careful when issuing statements.
"I know he (Ngeh) will respond by saying that he did not make statements but asked questions, but his remark is very provocative," he said.
The menteri besar said Ngeh was a Christian and he knew that Christians had also condemned the production of the film.
He said that even the cast of the film had said they felt cheated and misled by the producer.
Meanwhile, the Perak 4B Youth Movement lodged a police report against Ngeh at the Sungai Senam police station here at about 3.30 pm today.
An executive committee member, Muhamad Iqbal Jamal Jamaludin, said Ngeh had ridiculed Muslims. Bernama