- MISSING MH370: Gong Kedak base abuzz with activites
- MISSING MH370 : Massive search off south Vietnam coast
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot family awaits for latest updates
- MISSING MH370: Pilot's niece concerned over his safety
- MISSING MH370 : MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people
- MISSING MH370: Malaysia Airlines has one of Asia's best safety records
- MISSING MH370: Families in shock
- MISSING MH370 : List of missing passengers
- MISSING MH370: Father of MAS engineer shocked over news of son missing
- MISSING MH370 : Public urged not to speculate news
- MISSING MH370: 3 Americans on missing MAS airliner
- MISSING MH370: PM says still no sign of missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Incident on missing MAS airline draws interest in Indonesia
- MISSING MH370 : Pilot is Capt Zaharie Ahmad Shah
- MISSING MH370 : Relatives, friends to gather at Beijing hotel More
Perak DAP chairman draws flak for remark over Islam-insulting film
IPOH: Perak DAP chairman Datuk Ngeh Koo Ham has drawn flak for a tweet on Muslim opposition to the "Innocence of Muslims" film produced by Sam Bacile which insulted Prophet Muhammad and Islam.
Perak Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Zambry Abdul Kadir described Ngeh's remark on his Twitter account as provocative while the Perak 4B Youth Movement has lodged a police report against the DAP leader.
Ngeh had tweeted that "Khairy wants muslim protest against Sam Bacile. For Islam or for his political gains? Are muslims wasting too much time and energy on this?" in reference to Umno Youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin's statement.
Zambry said that though Ngeh had asked questions instead of making statements, the remark disappointed all Muslims.
"He should have shared the feelings of Muslims following the production of the film because every religion had its concept of prophethood. No one would want their prophet to be subjected to all kinds of accusations," he told reporters after a Meet-the-Clients Day, here.
Zambry said Ngeh should be careful when issuing statements.
"I know he (Ngeh) will respond by saying that he did not make statements but asked questions, but his remark is very provocative," he said.
The menteri besar said Ngeh was a Christian and he knew that Christians had also condemned the production of the film.
He said that even the cast of the film had said they felt cheated and misled by the producer.
Meanwhile, the Perak 4B Youth Movement lodged a police report against Ngeh at the Sungai Senam police station here at about 3.30 pm today.
An executive committee member, Muhamad Iqbal Jamal Jamaludin, said Ngeh had ridiculed Muslims. Bernama