- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Two killed in six-vehicle pile up near Senawang
- Football: 2014 World Cup team-by-team guide
- World Cup draw 2014: Spain kick off with Dutch rematch, England handed tough
- World Cup draw 2014: Boateng brothers to square off again in Brazil
- World Cup draw 2014: Brazil will host "Cup of Cups" - Brazil president
- World Cup draw 2014: Homage to Mandela at World Cup draw
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Anwar's creepy cameo
- FATAL CRASH
- MKN urged to acquire contingency assets that matches needs
- Adopt affordability based payment mechanism: Umno Kelantan
- FLOOD : 2 roads in Kemaman, Hulu Terengganu closed due to erosion More
Perak DAP chairman draws flak for remark over Islam-insulting film
IPOH: Perak DAP chairman Datuk Ngeh Koo Ham has drawn flak for a tweet on Muslim opposition to the "Innocence of Muslims" film produced by Sam Bacile which insulted Prophet Muhammad and Islam.
Perak Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Zambry Abdul Kadir described Ngeh's remark on his Twitter account as provocative while the Perak 4B Youth Movement has lodged a police report against the DAP leader.
Ngeh had tweeted that "Khairy wants muslim protest against Sam Bacile. For Islam or for his political gains? Are muslims wasting too much time and energy on this?" in reference to Umno Youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin's statement.
Zambry said that though Ngeh had asked questions instead of making statements, the remark disappointed all Muslims.
"He should have shared the feelings of Muslims following the production of the film because every religion had its concept of prophethood. No one would want their prophet to be subjected to all kinds of accusations," he told reporters after a Meet-the-Clients Day, here.
Zambry said Ngeh should be careful when issuing statements.
"I know he (Ngeh) will respond by saying that he did not make statements but asked questions, but his remark is very provocative," he said.
The menteri besar said Ngeh was a Christian and he knew that Christians had also condemned the production of the film.
He said that even the cast of the film had said they felt cheated and misled by the producer.
Meanwhile, the Perak 4B Youth Movement lodged a police report against Ngeh at the Sungai Senam police station here at about 3.30 pm today.
An executive committee member, Muhamad Iqbal Jamal Jamaludin, said Ngeh had ridiculed Muslims. Bernama