- Rep: Recall all ICs from Project IC
- Nearly 1,000 villagers in Sibu left homeless in fire
- Singapore smog breaches 'hazardous' level
- Disabled woman, US child held captive with snakes
- Singapore, Indonesia to hold talks on smog crisis
- One of 3 HK tourists injured in KK train accident, dies
- Tests find no trace of body tissue from wreckage
- New MERS virus spreads easily, deadlier than SARS
- Baby abuse case: Yuliana was sane during incident, says report
- Hawker's family views CCTV clip
- Britain's William and Kate do not know sex of royal baby
- 'CCTV images may yield clue on hawker's fate'
- Indonesia says Singapore 'behaving like a child' over haze
- Islam is my driving force, says author
- Family members hold seventh-day prayers More
KUALA LUMPUR: Malay rights group Perkasa will be holding an assembly themed 'Sovereign Ruler, Loved by the People' at the Sultan Sulaiman Club field, Kampung Baru here, this Sunday.
The group's vice president Datuk Abdul Rahman Abu Bakar said the gathering would be held as a mark of support for the Yang di-Pertuan Agong and Malay
"Perkasa has obtained a permit from the police and the event, which starts at 9 am, is open to people of all races and walks of life," he said at a press
conference here today.
Based on feedback, the assembly is expected to attract about 5,000 people.
Abdul Rahman added that the president of Jalur Tiga, Datuk Dr Hasan Ali, is scheduled to deliver a speech at the assembly. -- BERNAMA