- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Fake passport bearers bought tickets together
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: PM: Govt will review all protocols, upgrade KLIA's security
- Kids begged father not to go
- MISSING MH370: Debris near Tho Chu island not from MH370
- MISSING MH370: Chinese passengers family members arrive at KLIA
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: Hijacking not ruled out
- MISSING MH370: Search in coastal areas
- MISSING MH370: US dispatch two ships, aircraft to assist SAR operation
- Chong Wei is king again
- MISSING MH370: Family of Texas man comforted by faith More
Six intertwining stories of individuals around the world staying true to their heritage and tradition
KUALA LUMPUR: To usher in the Year of the Dragon, Petronas yesterday unveiled their Chinese New Year television commercial (TVC).
Famous for its heart-warming and inspirational commercials, the TVC will air from Jan 17 to Feb 6.
Titled Coming Home, the commercial depicts six intertwining stories of individuals around the world, who, no matter how far they have come in life, stay true to their heritage and tradition.
Among others, the stories revolve around a dentist in India celebrating the new year with his family in his home country via Skype, and a young woman forced to celebrate the festival while working two jobs to make ends meet in London.
Petronas group senior general manager corporate affairs division Datuk Mohammad Medan Abdullah said this year's commercial would bring a breath of fresh air into Petronas' approach to the festive campaign.
"We have moved away from the narrative approach that we had adopted in our past commercials and this time, we want viewers to understand the underlying messages through visual poetry.
"TVC also incorporates the spirit of perseverance, adaptability and determination captured in each of the stories.
"This energy is something that should inspire us all as we navigate through life," he said, adding the commercial would hold more surprises on Petronas' YouTube page on www.youtube.com/use/PetronasOfficial.
In line with its new corporate theme "Reimagining Energy", Petronas is also organising a photography contest in collaboration with Leica Camera AG.
Contestants have the chance to win prizes and have their photographs exhibited at Galeri Petronas. All they have to do is to submit snapshots of Chinese New Year celebrations that best portray the spirit of "Reimagining Energy".
"They are free to interpret the theme as they wish, be they the excitement or bonding during the reunion dinner, or the hustle and bustle of shopping and decorating their homes," said Medan.
Submissions are through Petronas' Facebook page (www.facebook.com/petronas1) before Feb 12.