- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- HOCKEY: Juniors come good
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- Chinese flyby of asteroid shows space rock is "rubble"
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- 3 Japanese firms keen to participate in S'pore-KL rail link project: PM
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Malaysia lose to Thailand, Myanmar in sepak takraw
- Manhunt launched for bogus interpreter at Mandela’s memorial service More
KUALA LUMPUR -- The Malaysian Indian Congress (MIC) has called on the Indian community to place its trust, confidence and hope in Datuk Seri Najib Razak, saying the prime minister is an empathic leader who always puts the needs of all Malaysians first.
MIC secretary-general S. Murugesan said Najib has never taken lightly the plight of the Indians in the country and has helped solve many longstanding problems faced by the community in such areas as personal identity documents, education, and job opportunities in the government sector.
The prime minister has kept his promise to give the Indians a fair deal in uplifting the community by laying the foundation in all aspects of political, economic and administrative transformation, he told Bernama in an interview recently.
Since assuming the post of prime minister in 2009, Najib has been introducing various measures and initiatives, such as setting up a special committee to look into problems and ease the burden faced by the Indian community, he said.
"The increasing trust of the Indian community towards the Barisan Nasional (BN) is a direct result of the government's sincere efforts to help them," he added. -- Bernama