- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Police capable of handling gathering in PJ - Ahmad Zahid
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- Soccer: I got carried away with QPR, says ’naive’ Fernandes
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Paul Low resigns as Transparency International Malaysia president
- Opposition agreed to hold peaceful gatherings but did opposite - Zahid
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- Police will appeal rejection of remand on trio, says Ahmad Zahid
- Thousands throng temples nationwide
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- 2 coaches leave Manchester United More
KUALA LUMPUR -- The Malaysian Indian Congress (MIC) has called on the Indian community to place its trust, confidence and hope in Datuk Seri Najib Razak, saying the prime minister is an empathic leader who always puts the needs of all Malaysians first.
MIC secretary-general S. Murugesan said Najib has never taken lightly the plight of the Indians in the country and has helped solve many longstanding problems faced by the community in such areas as personal identity documents, education, and job opportunities in the government sector.
The prime minister has kept his promise to give the Indians a fair deal in uplifting the community by laying the foundation in all aspects of political, economic and administrative transformation, he told Bernama in an interview recently.
Since assuming the post of prime minister in 2009, Najib has been introducing various measures and initiatives, such as setting up a special committee to look into problems and ease the burden faced by the Indian community, he said.
"The increasing trust of the Indian community towards the Barisan Nasional (BN) is a direct result of the government's sincere efforts to help them," he added. -- Bernama