- Police denied photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Respect rule of law, Karpal urged
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- Mother and two-month-old baby died in after ramming into an electric pole
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- Epileptic woman who stayed alone found dead
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- “I thought I knew him...”
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- Water woes for KL, Selangor folk
- Police solved Pakistani murder
- SUDIRMAN CUP: Kim Her stands by fading pair
- Humiliating! More
Plan trips on KLK, LPT, check bus list on website
TEMERLOH: Users of the Kuala Lumpur-Karak Express way (KLK) and East Coast Highway (LPT) have been urged to plan their journeys carefully to avoid congestion.
KLK and LPT concession operator, Anih Berhad, director, Nik Fauzi Hussin cautioned users to avoid the two highways between 9.30am and noon, and 9.30pm to midnight.
"To avoid congestion, the first alternative for motorists returning to Pahang is to enter the Gombak toll plaza between noon and 3pm, while those heading for Terengganu and Kelantan should enter at 6am to 10am," he said.
He said the second alternative for those heading to Tereng ganu and Kelantan was to enter the Gombak toll plaza between 5pm and 8pm, while travellers to Pahang should enter the same toll from 10pm to midnight.
He also suggested the Gombak toll plaza route between midnight and 6 am as it would be clear then.
Meanwhile in KUALA LUMPUR, the Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) advised the public traveling by bus during the festive season to check the bus list on its web site.
Its chief executive officer, Mohd Nur Kamal, said this was to prevent travellers from being confused or cheated by syndicates offering illegal tickets.
"We suggest that those travelling by bus, refer to the bus list at www.spad.gov.my to avoid being cheated. Every ticket sold will be identified by the operating company and the reg istration number of the bus that will be used to ensure the validity of the ticket," he said in a statement today.
Other than checking the bus list, passengers should also ensure the buses they boarded had valid permits or Tem porary License Change from SPAD.
The public may contact SPAD through 1-800-88-7723, Twitter @aduanSPAD or email@example.com.