- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- PKR may postpone party election this November
- Britain calls emergency meeting after man killed in London
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- Atheists are good if they do good, Pope Francis says
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- Three people killed in road accident
- Police: 1 dead, 2 injured in attack in London
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Officials: Suspect lunged at FBI agent with knife
- Facebook joins Web freedom group More
Plans to wed on Raya shattered as fiance killed in road mishap
Kota Baharu: A girl's aspiration to wed next month was shattered when her fiancee was killed in an accident in Jalan Maktab Perguruan, Pengkalan Chepa, here, today.
Siti Mukaramah Lajim, 19, from Jalan Pantai Cahaya Bulan, here, was scheduled to get married with Abdullah Zawawi Abdullah Fauzi, 25, on the second day of Aidilfitri.
The victim, a clerk, was driving to work at the Billion Supermarket Bowling Centre, here, when his car was involved in a head-on collision with a trailer at 9.30am.
He died at the scene of the incident and his body was sent to Universiti Sains Malaysia in Kubang Krian for post-mortem before being handed to his family for burial.
Siti Mukaramah, who helps her parents sell fish at the Gok Kapor Market, near here, said the last time she met her fiancee was yesterday at his home to hand him the marriage forms to be processed.
She said preparations for the wedding at her house had been completed, in fact, invitation cards had also been distributed.
"What can I do..I accept what has happened as fated," she told reporters when met at the scene of the collision.
Meanwhile, Kota Baharu Fire and Rescue Station senior officer II Mahussin Hassan said the station received a call on the accident at 9.43am.
He said the driver of the trailer was not hurt and had lodged a report. -- Bernama