- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Two killed in six-vehicle pile up near Senawang
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- East coast may be hit by second flood wave
- Football: 2014 World Cup team-by-team guide
- World Cup draw 2014: Spain kick off with Dutch rematch, England handed tough
- Soi Lek's son up for MCA veep post
- 'Make Sunni Islam official religion'
- World Cup draw 2014: Brazil will host "Cup of Cups" - Brazil president
- Xbox One makes hot debut as console war revs up
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- 'Extend AP system to 2020 to help Bumis'
- World Cup draw 2014: Boateng brothers to square off again in Brazil More
Plans to wed on Raya shattered as fiance killed in road mishap
Kota Baharu: A girl's aspiration to wed next month was shattered when her fiancee was killed in an accident in Jalan Maktab Perguruan, Pengkalan Chepa, here, today.
Siti Mukaramah Lajim, 19, from Jalan Pantai Cahaya Bulan, here, was scheduled to get married with Abdullah Zawawi Abdullah Fauzi, 25, on the second day of Aidilfitri.
The victim, a clerk, was driving to work at the Billion Supermarket Bowling Centre, here, when his car was involved in a head-on collision with a trailer at 9.30am.
He died at the scene of the incident and his body was sent to Universiti Sains Malaysia in Kubang Krian for post-mortem before being handed to his family for burial.
Siti Mukaramah, who helps her parents sell fish at the Gok Kapor Market, near here, said the last time she met her fiancee was yesterday at his home to hand him the marriage forms to be processed.
She said preparations for the wedding at her house had been completed, in fact, invitation cards had also been distributed.
"What can I do..I accept what has happened as fated," she told reporters when met at the scene of the collision.
Meanwhile, Kota Baharu Fire and Rescue Station senior officer II Mahussin Hassan said the station received a call on the accident at 9.43am.
He said the driver of the trailer was not hurt and had lodged a report. -- Bernama