- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- 2 Mamak Gang members nabbed over pharmacy hold-up in Subang
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Two cops arrested for rape of Indonesian woman
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Cancer cases up 11%, breast cancer by a fifth: WHO
- Flower prices set to rise from Jan 1
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- PM: Malaysia moving into 2nd phase of LEP
- 39 dead from plague in Madagascar: government More
KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak yesterday gave his assurance that no land belonging to Felda settlers would be involved in the listing of Felda Global Ventures Holding Bhd (FGVH).
Najib said the listing would only involve state lands where the Federal Government had been given the right to develop, according to the provisions of the Group Settlements Act 1960, and were managed by Felda Plantations.
"There are some parties claiming that the listing of Felda Global will result in the loss of settlers' plots.
"I repeat, not even an inch of the land owned by settlers will be involved in the listing," he said at the Ikatan Hati Warga Felda (Iktiraf) Carnival at Dataran Merdeka here.
His speech was delivered by Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, who represented Najib in launching the carnival "Upholding the National Transformation".
Najib said the listing would proceed to ensure that Felda would continue to be strong in facing the challenges of global financial realities.
"We no longer want to be known simply as the producer of raw palm oil products. It is time for Felda's true potential to be realised, so that the payoff from these efforts will be a gift of prosperity, not just to Felda, but to all Malaysians."
Najib is expected to announce the quantum of the FGVH next month.