- Karpal Singh's Death: Grandson dreamt about playing football with him
- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities roping in private companies assets to assist SAR
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain says evacuation delayed for safety
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: 'We are forever indebted to him', says Dr Wan Azizah
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain, crew members arrested
- MH370 Tragedy: Drone diving to record level in plane search
- Authorities searching for missing Singaporean ferry passenger
- Karpal Singh's Death: Pix gallery
- Everest Avalanche updates: Death toll reaches 13
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll rose to 32, Captain in custody More
PM in Langkawi for St Regis and LICC groundbreaking ceremony
LANGKAWI: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak is in Langkawi today for the groundbreaking of the St Regis Langkawi and Langkawi International Convention Centre (LICC).
Najib, accompanied by wife Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, arrived at the Westin Hotel Resort & Spa Langkawi late last night for the ceremony.
The projects are being developed by Indonesian conglomerate PT Rajawali Corp, which also owns The Westin Langkawi Resort and Spa via its subsidiary Canvas Developments Sdn Bhd.
LICC is slated to be the main venue for the Asean Summit next year as Malaysia will be the host nation, while the St Regis Langkawi is a luxury villa to complement the Westin Langkawi Resort and SPA.
PT Rajawali chairman and chief executive officer, multi-billionaire Tan Sri Peter Sodakh is scheduled to deliver his welcoming remarks followed Najib's speech.
After the launch ceremony, Najib is scheduled to board a yacht to visit the St Regis Langkawi project site.