- MISSING MH370: Fishermen find life raft near PD
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370
- MISSING MH370: Search for missing jet covers mountainous, forest areas
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Aviation expert suggests 6 reasons for disappearance
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam scales down SAR
- MISSING MH370: China says SAR efforts expanded to land areas
- MISSING MH370: Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- MISSING MH370: RMAF chief denies military radar report
- MISSING MH370: Military says missing jet changed course More
PM in Langkawi for St Regis and LICC groundbreaking ceremony
LANGKAWI: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak is in Langkawi today for the groundbreaking of the St Regis Langkawi and Langkawi International Convention Centre (LICC).
Najib, accompanied by wife Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, arrived at the Westin Hotel Resort & Spa Langkawi late last night for the ceremony.
The projects are being developed by Indonesian conglomerate PT Rajawali Corp, which also owns The Westin Langkawi Resort and Spa via its subsidiary Canvas Developments Sdn Bhd.
LICC is slated to be the main venue for the Asean Summit next year as Malaysia will be the host nation, while the St Regis Langkawi is a luxury villa to complement the Westin Langkawi Resort and SPA.
PT Rajawali chairman and chief executive officer, multi-billionaire Tan Sri Peter Sodakh is scheduled to deliver his welcoming remarks followed Najib's speech.
After the launch ceremony, Najib is scheduled to board a yacht to visit the St Regis Langkawi project site.