- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- Four injured in RapidKL bus crash in Jalan Pudu
- Lynas engineer drowns in pond at plant
- United States thanks Malaysia for saving their soldiers in Somalia
- Downpour causes flash floods, traffic congestions in Klang Valley
- My kampung Taman Tun Dr Ismail
- Shaken not stirred: Did 007 have alcoholic tremor?
- Annuar Musa quits all football posts with immediate effect
- 50 including 47 foreigners nabbed in Internet love scam in Kepong
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Abducted baby rescued within 24 hours
- Milan orders removal of naughty Christmas tree
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Football fan shot and killed in Buenos Aires
- Housewife cheated of RM20,000 worth of jewellery More
JERANTUT: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib razak today launched the KAS1H Felda programme which was introduced to help repair houses in villages near Felda schemes nationwide.
For the first phase, the government has allocated RM20 million to Yayasan Felda to help 4,000 eligible households, which will receive RM5,000 each.
A total of RM60 million has been allocated under the Kasih Felda programme to repair 12,000 houses.
To mark the official beginning of the programme at Felda Piol here, Najib helped fix the window and door at two homes in Kampung Air Hitam and Batu 10 Orang Asli settlement here.
Najib has announced the special initiative during a mammoth gathering with the Felda community in Felda Jengka 8 near here in May, where he also announced the windfall for Felda settlers in conjunction with listing of Felda Global Ventures Holdings.
Najib later performed the Friday prayers at Al-Firdaus mosque in Felda Padang Piol before rushing to Pekan to hand over aids to the mosque and surau committees in his constituency at Pekan Umno building.
The Pekan member of parliament will later perform the Isyak and Terawih prayers at Ketapang Hilir mosque before presenting Ramadan goodies to the poor, senior citizens, orphans and single mothers.