- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- 2 Mamak Gang members nabbed over pharmacy hold-up in Subang
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Two cops arrested for rape of Indonesian woman
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Cancer cases up 11%, breast cancer by a fifth: WHO
- Flower prices set to rise from Jan 1
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- 39 dead from plague in Madagascar: government
- PM: Malaysia moving into 2nd phase of LEP More
PM urges party members to be loyal, sincere, not pursue posts
KIMANIS -- Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak has urged Umno and Barisan Nasional (BN) members to stay loyal to the party's struggles and not overly pursue posts for the development of the Land Below the Wind.
He said sincere and loyal leaders should be the choice of the people as in Islamic principles and the way of the Prophet.
"The Prophet had given the foundation that in order to pick or appoint a leader, it should not be someone who is crazy for position...do not be too eager...do not crave for position.
"The Prophet did not appoint someone who wants the post. If indeed, we want something, we cannot follow our desires and emotions," he said in his speech at a breaking of the fast with the people at SMK Bongawan 11 located about 85km from Kota Kinabalu here today.
More than 1,000 residents of various races attended the function which was also attended by Najib's wife, Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, Sabah Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Aman, Foreign Minister Datuk Seri Anifah Aman, Rural and Regional Development Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Shafie Apdal and Home minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein.