- There is a need to rewrite Malaysian history - Tun Mahathir
- Perodua offers more affordable, quality cars
- 'CCTV images may yield clue on hawker's fate'
- Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan faces baby sex test inquiry
- Lahad Datu police still investigating teen's abduction claim
- Japan experts mull rules on chimeric embryos
- Justin Bieber in traffic accident in Los Angeles
- Police seeks killer who knifed 54-year-old man in Jalan Imbi
- Agong launches RM 600 million MSU campus
- Dating site for broody singles launches in Denmark
- Cops seize fake firearms
- New Zealand boy, 11, fathers child to woman, 36
- Clearing up the wreckage
- EAT WELL: Salty signals
- Korean Air orders 11 Boeing long-haul jets in $3.6bn deal More
PM urges party members to be loyal, sincere, not pursue posts
KIMANIS -- Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak has urged Umno and Barisan Nasional (BN) members to stay loyal to the party's struggles and not overly pursue posts for the development of the Land Below the Wind.
He said sincere and loyal leaders should be the choice of the people as in Islamic principles and the way of the Prophet.
"The Prophet had given the foundation that in order to pick or appoint a leader, it should not be someone who is crazy for position...do not be too eager...do not crave for position.
"The Prophet did not appoint someone who wants the post. If indeed, we want something, we cannot follow our desires and emotions," he said in his speech at a breaking of the fast with the people at SMK Bongawan 11 located about 85km from Kota Kinabalu here today.
More than 1,000 residents of various races attended the function which was also attended by Najib's wife, Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, Sabah Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Aman, Foreign Minister Datuk Seri Anifah Aman, Rural and Regional Development Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Shafie Apdal and Home minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein.