- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- Cars burnt as workers riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Murder of 3 sisters: Mother pleas for stop on rumours
- New Miss France says proud of 'cosmopolitan' country
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- Boat with 13 commandos feared capsized
- Former RMAF chief Mohamed Ngah dies
- US singer wows in 'Arabs Got Talent' show
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- 'No place for Shia'
- Hockey: Malaysian Juniors qualify for quarter-finals at Junior World Cup More
KUALA LUMPUR: Six mainland Chinese women believed to be prostitutes were detained in a raid at the Kepong Sentral Condominium, here yesterday.
Selangor Vice, Gaming and Secret Societies Division (D7) chief DSP Rohan Shah Ahmad said in the 10.30pm raid, the women, aged between 22 and 26, were
detained for misusing their social visit passes.
Police also detained a 25-year-old local man, believed to be the caretaker of the premise, and seized several packages of condoms, birth control pills, RM270 in cash and a customer record book.
Rohan Shah said police surveillance found that the activity had taken place in one of the condominium units over the past two months.
"Two closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras were installed at the elevator and the entrance of the unit to enable the caretaker to monitor the presence of their clients and the authorities," he told reporters after the operation which ended at around midnight.
He said the owner of the condominium unit would also be called to assist in the investigation. Bernama