- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- Atheists are good if they do good, Pope Francis says
- Britain calls emergency meeting after man killed in London
- PKR may postpone party election this November
- Three people killed in road accident
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- Officials: Suspect lunged at FBI agent with knife
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- Police: 1 dead, 2 injured in attack in London
- Facebook joins Web freedom group More
KUALA LUMPUR: Six mainland Chinese women believed to be prostitutes were detained in a raid at the Kepong Sentral Condominium, here yesterday.
Selangor Vice, Gaming and Secret Societies Division (D7) chief DSP Rohan Shah Ahmad said in the 10.30pm raid, the women, aged between 22 and 26, were
detained for misusing their social visit passes.
Police also detained a 25-year-old local man, believed to be the caretaker of the premise, and seized several packages of condoms, birth control pills, RM270 in cash and a customer record book.
Rohan Shah said police surveillance found that the activity had taken place in one of the condominium units over the past two months.
"Two closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras were installed at the elevator and the entrance of the unit to enable the caretaker to monitor the presence of their clients and the authorities," he told reporters after the operation which ended at around midnight.
He said the owner of the condominium unit would also be called to assist in the investigation. Bernama