- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities hope to deploy more AUVs: Hishammuddin
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Search to be most costly ever at US$100mil: analysts
- Karpal Singh's Death: Some mourners are still in disbelief
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Karpal Singh's Death: Liong Sik describes Karpal as a cheeky student
- Everest Avalanche updates: 12 killed, 3 missing
- Don't be apologetic in defending national interests, media told
- UPDATE: 6 dead, 9 missing in avalanche on Everest
- NSTP wins big at MPI-Petronas Awards
- Public urged to take precautionary measures against MERS
- 7.5-quake rattles southern Mexico: USGS More
KUALA LUMPUR: Six mainland Chinese women believed to be prostitutes were detained in a raid at the Kepong Sentral Condominium, here yesterday.
Selangor Vice, Gaming and Secret Societies Division (D7) chief DSP Rohan Shah Ahmad said in the 10.30pm raid, the women, aged between 22 and 26, were
detained for misusing their social visit passes.
Police also detained a 25-year-old local man, believed to be the caretaker of the premise, and seized several packages of condoms, birth control pills, RM270 in cash and a customer record book.
Rohan Shah said police surveillance found that the activity had taken place in one of the condominium units over the past two months.
"Two closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras were installed at the elevator and the entrance of the unit to enable the caretaker to monitor the presence of their clients and the authorities," he told reporters after the operation which ended at around midnight.
He said the owner of the condominium unit would also be called to assist in the investigation. Bernama