- Muhyiddin: Arrest of 3 meant to safeguard peace
- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- New passport improvement
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Siti Hanisah conquers world's highest peak
- Suspicion grows over swift selection of MB
- Probe into teachers using social websites to slander govt - Ahmad Said
- End near if self denial continues More
Police identify 49 other rioters in Saturday's rally
KUALA LUMPUR: Police have identified 49 individuals, including a woman, believed to be involved in turning last Saturday's rally in Dataran Merdeka into riots.
City police chief Datuk Mohmad Salleh said all of them were high on the police wanted list for committing violence acting against policemen and civilians during the rally.
"The photographs of the 49 suspects will be made public through the media," he told reporters here today.
Last Saturday, the rally participants had not only breached police barricades to enter Dataran Merdeka, but also a court order which prohibited the public from being in the area between April 28 and May 1.
Mohmad said all suspects would be investigated under Section 143 and 188 of the Penal Code for rioting and vandalising public property.
Two days ago, police arrested a man in Seremban, Negeri Sembilan for the same offence. --BERNAMA