- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- Cancer cases up 11%, breast cancer by a fifth: WHO
- 39 dead from plague in Madagascar: government
- 3 Japanese firms keen to participate in S'pore-KL rail link project: PM
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- HOCKEY: Juniors come good
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- Norway offers to fill empty Swedish prison cells
- Chinese flyby of asteroid shows space rock is "rubble"
- Malaysia lose to Thailand, Myanmar in sepak takraw More
Police identify 49 other rioters in Saturday's rally
KUALA LUMPUR: Police have identified 49 individuals, including a woman, believed to be involved in turning last Saturday's rally in Dataran Merdeka into riots.
City police chief Datuk Mohmad Salleh said all of them were high on the police wanted list for committing violence acting against policemen and civilians during the rally.
"The photographs of the 49 suspects will be made public through the media," he told reporters here today.
Last Saturday, the rally participants had not only breached police barricades to enter Dataran Merdeka, but also a court order which prohibited the public from being in the area between April 28 and May 1.
Mohmad said all suspects would be investigated under Section 143 and 188 of the Penal Code for rioting and vandalising public property.
Two days ago, police arrested a man in Seremban, Negeri Sembilan for the same offence. --BERNAMA