- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- Cars burnt as workers riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Murder of 3 sisters: Mother pleas for stop on rumours
- Boat with 13 commandos feared capsized
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Former RMAF chief Mohamed Ngah dies
- 5 killed in crash
- The real Bonnie and Clyde
- New Miss France says proud of 'cosmopolitan' country
- 'No place for Shia'
- Malaysia-Brunei bridge opens
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib More
Police, Rela to jointly patrol 612 schools nationwide
PUTRAJAYA: Police and Rela members will carry out joint patrol exercise at 612 schools nationwide starting Monday said Deputy Home Minister Datuk Lee Chee Leong today.
Lee said among schools identified by the police and the Education Ministry include 17 international schools in the klang valley.
He added that one policeman, accompanied by two or three Rela members would be carrying out such duties at schools during peak hours (before school starts, break and after school) based on the time scheduled by the respective schools.
“The presence of the police and Rela members will help ease the pressure of parents who fear for the safety of their children at school. The number of schools involved in the programme will increase in the future," he said after a dialogue session with representatives from 10 international schools here today.
Lee said staff at international schools would also be encouraged to joint the “Rakan Cop” programme that is aimed at combating crime. Bernama