- Nintendo forecasts net loss, slashes Wii U sales target
- African student shot dead near college in Mantin
- Hasni: We haven't lost our right
- Xbox One makes hot debut as console war revs up
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Couple to hang for murdering maid
- Billion-ringgit undersea cable project
- Taib's son spared jail as court strikes out ex-wife's contempt application
- Home Ministry bans publication of 'Ultraman The Ultra Power'
- PM: Malaysia hopes to develop stronger links with British industry
- 2 German tourists assaulted in George Town
- TV3 seeks review of defamation ruling by Appeals Court
- Alzheimer's disease may kill as many as cancer in US
- SHOWBIZ: Sherlock’s big secret
- Iran hangs 16 in reprisal for Pakistan border killings More
Police release photos of 27 'Tuhan Harun' followers
KUANTAN: Police today released the images of 27 followers of "Tuhan Harun" deviant sect after they failed to turn themselves in.
The list of the deviant sect include their leader Harun Mat Saat, 47, also known as 'Tuhan Harun', and his 12-year-old daughter Mahni.
Harun and his six followers were also issued warrants of arrest by the Syariah court on Wednesday and today.
Police require their cooperation to assist with the investigation into the killing of Pahang Islamic Religious Department (Jaip) enforcement head Ahmad Rafli Abdul Malek.
Only four of Harun's followers came forward after Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar issued an appeal for 31 of them to surrender on Monday.
District police chief Assistant Commissioner Mohd Jasmani Yusoff said the four had their statements recorded at the district police headquaters here on Tuesday and Wednesday.
"By releasing their photos, we hope the remaining 27 individuals will surrender at the nearest police stations," he said at a press conference here today.
He said six of the followers also failed to attend a case management at the Syariah court here and efforts to trace them were futile.
On Rafli murder, Jasmani said they hoped the followers could help assist in the investigation.
"We believed these people are still in the country and if they are innocent, then there is nothing for them to fear. Our investigation cover all aspects and other individuals were also called to have their statements recorded," he said.
The list of Tuhan Harun members are as follow:
1)Harun Mat Saat, 47, Kelantan
2)Mohd Khalilie Zazali, 31, Selangor
3)Pius Anahong, 40, Sabah
4)Othman Abdullah, 48, Kedah
5)Muhamad Tirmidzi Othman, 17, Kedah
6)Mohd Shahril Mohd Jaafar, 28, Kedah
7)Hashim Zakaria, 38, Kelantan
8)Mohd Hafizuddin Mohd Azam, 27, Selangor
9)Mohd Ghazali Fitri Mohd Azam, 25, Selangor
10)Mohammad Nazrul Zakaria, 38, Kelantan
11)Lukman Harun, 20, Kelantan
12)Husin Ismail, 43, Kelantan
13)Mohd Rozi Akasah, 38, Malacca
14)Mohd Edham Mohd Nizam, 18, Selangor
15)Shamsul Amri Abu Hassan, 44, Pahang
16)Syahiszam Soid, 40, Negri Sembilan
17)Khairul Amir Akasah, 34, Putrajaya
18)Muhammad Harun, 21, Kelantan
19)Norhairi Harun, 41, Johor
20)Saufi Harun, 18, Kelantan
21)Sharizal Shamsuddin, 32, Selangor
22)Azida Mohd Zol, 30, Terengganu
23)Kheairus Ali, 47, Kedah
24)Norhafizah Mohd Azam, 28, Selangor
25)Shuzliana Mokhtarudin, 29, Perak
26)Farhein Othman, 22, Kedah
27)Mahni Harun, 12, Selangor (Harun's daughter)