- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Two killed in six-vehicle pile up near Senawang
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- East coast may be hit by second flood wave
- Football: 2014 World Cup team-by-team guide
- World Cup draw 2014: Spain kick off with Dutch rematch, England handed tough
- Soi Lek's son up for MCA veep post
- 'Make Sunni Islam official religion'
- World Cup draw 2014: Brazil will host "Cup of Cups" - Brazil president
- Xbox One makes hot debut as console war revs up
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- 'Extend AP system to 2020 to help Bumis'
- World Cup draw 2014: Boateng brothers to square off again in Brazil More
Police shoot 1, nab 4 in attempt to attack policemen
KUALA LUMPUR: The police shot and injured one of five armed thugs who dashed out of a car to attack a team of policemen in Tasik Permai here on Monday.
The suspect, who sustained two gunshot wounds, was warded at the Ampang Hospital where his condition was reported to be critical.
The rest of his accomplices, aged between 26 and 30, were rounded up, with the seizure of five machetes, two iron rods and a walkie-talkie.
The suspects were remanded for three days.
Earlier, the five, armed with machetes, meat cleavers and iron rods, had lunged at the eight-man police team after being cornered to facilitate investigations into an altercation with another gang of thugs at an apartment in Pandan Perdana.
The windscreen of a police patrol car was also shattered in the incident about 1.30am.
Ampang Jaya police deputy chief Supt Md Nazri Zawawi said today, the five suspects were being investigated for attempted murder.
He said the police were in the midst of tracking down members of the other gang which was involved in the altercation with the five suspects in the apartment at 1.15am.
Md Nazri said three of the suspects had criminal records for drugs, robbery and attempted murder. -- BERNAMA