- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- S. Korean girl killed by suicide jumper
- KL vehicle number plates to start with W, ends with A
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- IGP: Zero tolerance for street crimes
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- Immigrations Dept keeping watchful eye over foreigners
- Apek back in the dock
- US soldier accused of secretly taping naked women
- Moyes is the real deal
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases More
KUALA LUMPUR: The police are investigating a Facebook page purportedly owned by Umno Youth that has sparked a public uproar over its provocative religious message.
The fake facebook was alleged to have used the Youth wing's domain to post seditious posters in the social website, under Section 233 Communication and Multimedia Act 1998.
Kuala Lumpur CID chief Datuk Ku Chin Wah said police received a report related to the matter but have yet to call anyone to record a statement.
Last Monday, Barisan Nasional Youth executive secretary Ibdilillah Ishak lodged a police report on the fake social web, that claimed to have 50,000 followers, and urged an investigation to be carried out.
The fake social web had posted a seditious poster which was written on it (If you agree to make CHRISTIANITY the official religion of the federation of Malaysia, continue supporting Pakatan Rakyat.‘God bless you my son’.” -- BERNAMA