- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Murder of 3 sisters: Mother pleas for stop on rumours
- Boat with 13 commandos feared capsized
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- New Miss France says proud of 'cosmopolitan' country
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Ex-Air Force chief Tan Sri Mohamed Ngah Said dies
- Hockey: Malaysian Juniors qualify for quarter-finals at Junior World Cup
- US singer wows in 'Arabs Got Talent' show
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- 'No place for Shia'
- India's Congress whipped in anti-graft poll backlash More
SUBANG JAYA: A Lance Corporal lost his front tooth when he fell flat on his face during a scuffle with a robber in SS14, here, early today.
Subang Jaya police chief Assistant Commissioner Yahaya Ramli said the policeman was with his four other colleagues on patrol duty when they spotted three men on two motorcycles behaving suspiciously.
“The men, on realising that they were being watched, sped off. A chase ensued when one of the suspects fell off his motorcycle.
“The policeman then tried to apprehend the suspect but he pulled out a parang and a struggle ensued. The policeman was knocked to the ground which resulted in him losing his front tooth,” Yahaya said.
Yahaya said the policeman who was holding on to his revolver during the scuffle, accidentally fired a shot which hit a passing car but no serious injuries were reported.
“The shot hit the windscreen of a Proton Wira that was heading towards Sunway,” he said.
The shot shattered the windscreen. The driver and the front passenger sustained minor injuries on their hands due to the shattered glass.
As for the suspect, Yahaya said police arrested him and seized a parang. He also tested positive for drug abuse.
Yahaya said the suspect had also admitted later that he and his accomplices were about to commit a robbery when they ran into the policemen.