- Singapore smog breaches 'hazardous' level
- Nearly 1,000 villagers in Sibu left homeless in fire
- Rep: Recall all ICs from Project IC
- One of 3 HK tourists injured in KK train accident, dies
- New MERS virus spreads easily, deadlier than SARS
- Tests find no trace of body tissue from wreckage
- Baby abuse case: Yuliana was sane during incident, says report
- Britain's William and Kate do not know sex of royal baby
- 'CCTV images may yield clue on hawker's fate'
- HK tourists hurt in train vs cars crash in KK
- Paris tackles rudeness to tourists with new manual
- Baked Alaska: Unusual heat wave hits north US
- Health monitoring system mobilised nationwide due to haze
- Teen country singer Bradbery captures ’The Voice’ season crown
- France hit by weather chaos, floods claim two victims More
SUBANG JAYA: A Lance Corporal lost his front tooth when he fell flat on his face during a scuffle with a robber in SS14, here, early today.
Subang Jaya police chief Assistant Commissioner Yahaya Ramli said the policeman was with his four other colleagues on patrol duty when they spotted three men on two motorcycles behaving suspiciously.
“The men, on realising that they were being watched, sped off. A chase ensued when one of the suspects fell off his motorcycle.
“The policeman then tried to apprehend the suspect but he pulled out a parang and a struggle ensued. The policeman was knocked to the ground which resulted in him losing his front tooth,” Yahaya said.
Yahaya said the policeman who was holding on to his revolver during the scuffle, accidentally fired a shot which hit a passing car but no serious injuries were reported.
“The shot hit the windscreen of a Proton Wira that was heading towards Sunway,” he said.
The shot shattered the windscreen. The driver and the front passenger sustained minor injuries on their hands due to the shattered glass.
As for the suspect, Yahaya said police arrested him and seized a parang. He also tested positive for drug abuse.
Yahaya said the suspect had also admitted later that he and his accomplices were about to commit a robbery when they ran into the policemen.