- Malaysian boy on holiday killed in front of mother
- Six people killed in an accident at Kampung Pandan
- 6 foreigners die in car crash
- Indian national and teenage woman found murdered in apartment
- 'No jobs for medical grads next year'
- Waterspouts spotted off Lido Beach in Johor
- Man high on wanted list shot dead by police
- Malaysian sues U.S. govt
- New lead in Shaharuddin's probe
- Court dismisses defamation suit by Gardenia
- Property bubble: fact or fantasy?
- Heavier prison sentence for policeman found guilty of incest
- Lim: Penang Pas unhappy with PKR, not DAP
- PMR results out on Dec 19
- Six US soldiers killed in Afghan helicopter crash More
Polling day for Kuala Besut by-election is July 24
PUTRAJAYA: The Election Commission has set July 24 as the polling day for the Kuala Besut state seat by--election.
Its chairman Tan Sri Abdul Aziz Mohd Yusof said the nomination day would fall on July 12, while early voting would be on July 20.
The campaigning period for the first by election after the 13th General Election on May 5, is 12 days.
The state seat was left vacant following the death of Kuala Besut assemblyman Dr A. Rahman Mokthar.
Rahman died at the Sultanah Nur Zahirah Hospital on June 26 from a liver ailment.