- Dr M: Umno contest may prove detrimental
- Crying need to solve haze problem
- Return RM1.8 Million: “No man should enrich himself unjustly,” rules judge
- Tabung Haji quota reduced by 20 per cent
- Water cuts in KL, Selangor
- A 78kg monster
- 'Continuous piling will damage other buildings'
- New threats to palm oil
- Developer ordered to pay back RM1.8m in condo fees
- PM urges caution as haze worsens
- Proton to cut prices on all models
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity
- Football: Ferguson's first Man Utd team sheet for sale
- New Zealand boy, 11, fathers child to woman, 36
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to pull fighters out of Syria More
Pos Malaysia issues special stamp in conjunction with 2012 World Gas Conference
KUALA LUMPUR: Come Monday, Pos Malaysia will create a record of sorts in becoming the first in the world to offer for sale, a collection of special issue stamps, in conjunction with the 2012 World Gas Conference.
Pos Malaysia Stamp and Philately Unit head Yasmin Ramli said the stamps would feature four concepts of the gas industry with different designs.
The designs will reflect the guarantee of the gas supply, improve demand, sustain the future and serve as platform for development.
"What is really unique is, when all the stamps are merged, they transform into one design.
"Each stamp is sold for 60 cents, while the miniature sheet costs RM5.50 each," she told reporters here today.
Meanwhile, Pos Malaysia Berhad chief executive officer Datuk Khalid Abdul Rahman said the special issue of the stamps indicated the importance of the gas industry in Malaysia.
"We are proud that Malaysia is the first country in the world to issue this stamp for the World Gas Conference," he said in a statement. BERNAMA